PDF to ArtPro

Grasshopper

I've been given press ready PDF files that import into ArtPro and seem OK. However when I open the same file in Illustrator it asks for the images. Is this a problem?

I don't quite understand that. (Convert 4c type in PDF with Acrobat?) The question really is why would ArtPro be able to recognize images from a PDF but Illustrator can't. The files come into Artpro and appear to be H.R. Yet Illustrator can't even see them.

I'm pretty confident that the file will print OK since I'm working out of ArtPro. I'm just perplexed as to why Illustrator sees the links as missing. Usually, when I open the PDF in Illustrator it shows the links as embedded.

That is because the pdf you have received was saved out off Illustrator with Illustrator compatibility on.
So when you open the pdf in Illustrator you are opening the original Illustrator file with his links. And I presume you did not receive the links with the pdf file, thats why he askes where they are.
The import in ArtPro is importing the pdf info and saving the tiff's as separate files.

One thing to check is that the images written out by ArtPro are hi-res and that the pdf hadn't been created and the images down sampled to low res for email.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back