PDF/X-3:2003 Specifications

dgraves8rd

Can some one post the specifications of this type of x3? Everything I am finding on the internet differs a little.

If I generate a PDF/X-3:2003 does it have to have an output intent?
THANKS

Can some one post the specifications of this type of x3? Everything I am finding on the internet differs a little.

No, no one can do that. The document is copyright the ISO and you would need to purchase your own personal copy of it from them.

If I generate a PDF/X-3:2003 does it have to have an output intent?

An OutputIntent - YES! An embedded ICC profile - No.

Specifically if a pdfx3 file needs to have an output intent embedded in it to conform to the specifications?

Specifically if a pdfx3 file needs to have an output intent embedded in it to conform to the specifications?

An OutputIntent is a PDF-centric data structure that described the intended output device of the document. It is entirely embedded in the PDF.

However, one part of the OutputIntent structure contains EITHER a reference to a known printing condition (ala TR001) OR an embedded ICC profile. PDF/X-1a allows for either of the two, while PDF/X-3 requires the ICC profile.

Does that help?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back