Perfect binder

UberTech

Has anyone taken the plunge and bought an online perfect binder, and found it a worthy investment? It's probably the last bastion of online finishing but I wonder if anyone could actually make any money from these units.

Last edited:
Has anyone taken the plunge and bought an online perfect binder, and found it a worthy investment? It's probably the last bastion of online finishing but I wonder if anyone could actually make any money from these units.

We`ve just bought digimaster9110 (canon ir110) with online cp bourg book factory perfect binder, but had no chance of using it online yet.

And you meant online binder for KM 1050, right?
What do you mean by last bastion of online finishing?:)

In my opinion "offline" is more efficient than "inline" you have more options available when it's not connected to a print engine.

I mean any online/inline PB finisher i.e attached to a copier. By last bastion I mean that it's probably the last and most complicated online/inline finisher venders are making. When you look inside one you can see it is an extremely complicated and exspensive to develop but who would buy one? Where is the market? Like craig says, would it not be better to buy something offline?

The only time I have seen a pratical example was a shop that printed your books on demand.

Last edited:
I mean any online/inline PB finisher i.e attached to a copier. By last bastion I mean that it's probably the last and most complicated online/inline finisher venders are making. When you look inside one you can see it is an extremely complicated and exspensive to develop but who would buy one? Where is the market? Like craig says, would it not be better to buy something offline?

The only time I have seen a pratical example was a shop that printed your books on demand.

Could you imagine that service nightmare???

PB

PB

We have an inline PB on a KM 1050 and 6501 and it has opened the doors to lot's of new work. We also have a full service bindery so inline pb on the shorter runs (500 books) was a no brainer.

pb

pb

Carbondale Il. The pb, knock on wood has been reliable. We purchased both machines new in June and have pushed them to the llmits at times. We are always experimenting. Our sales reps and techs are very good which is a big key. All the talk about inline or offine pb is definitely different for everyone but my 2 cents worth is the more you handle a product the chance for error increases as well as the cost. We also have the saddlestitcher on the 6501 and it is a jewel!

Yeah the saddle stichers are bullet proof our customers love them. How far have you pushed the PB? Have you tried laminated covers?

pb

pb

We have not tried to do laminate covers inline. As of now we do that offline but will attempt it soon. We do run color covers printed offset with black insides on the 1050 all the time. If we score the covers they seem to look better. One nice thing is that we don't have to babysit the machine. Keep the paper loaded and catch the books. Our operators have time to perform other task. Any tips on running laminated covers?

We don't have a PB in our area, I was interested personally in the abilities of the unit. I have done the course and all that but haven't really pushed it. As for the saddle stich we have a few mods that will let you feed laminated covers all day thru the post inserter. If you have problems feeding stuff thru the PI PM me and I can give you or your tech a few tips to make it feed like a trooper.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back