Perfect Binding glue recommendation please

zpodraza

I used Perfect Binding glue (EVA) manufactured in China (no brand).
Worked perfectly, but can't find it anymore.
Then purchased Fastbind glue but is very difficult to work with it.
The old glue which I used was very clean, the machine was very clean when I used it.
With Fastbind glue, threads are formed, and I need to clean all books when done.
Also, the machine must be cleaned every several books.
See attached pictures.
I am not sure if it can be a problem with the temperature of the glue?
My machine doesn't have a temp setting.
Any suggestions, any recommendations about different glue (brand, model, supplier).
Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• PXL_20210824_202914282.jpg
    PXL_20210824_202914282.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 272
  • PXL_20210824_202851595.jpg
    PXL_20210824_202851595.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 250
  • PXL_20210824_211148514.jpg
    PXL_20210824_211148514.jpg
    823 KB · Views: 244
Stringing (threads) are most often a symptom of the glue temp not being where the manufacturer specifies. Without having control over the glue temp on your machine, I think you'd have to sample different glues to find one that works. Henkel is one company that makes a lot of variations of hot melt and may have the knowledge to help you zero in on an answer.

There must be a temperature regulator somewhere, maybe under the hood. I can't imagine a binding machine being manufactured without this vital part. The current glue's viscosity is lower than what you've used before, so you have to decrease the temperature significantly.

We use Planatol (a German brand), which is excellent. It's performs well between 130-160 Celsius.

There must be a temperature regulator somewhere, maybe under the hood. I can't imagine a binding machine being manufactured without this vital part. The current glue's viscosity is lower than what you've used before, so you have to decrease the temperature significantly.

We use Planatol (a German brand), which is excellent. It's performs well between 130-160 Celsius.
Puch, THANK YOU for your suggestion. I find the temp setting inside the machine. Now will play with settings.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back