Pitstop 13 - duplicate page

kaiserwilhelm

I have a 1 page document. I want to know if there is an eal action to take everything on p1 and make a new p2 and put it there in the identical x/y?

Crud. I really hate it when I make it work in the ten minutes I was waiting for a reply! VERY easy. I had no idea how easy it would be!

" Hello kaiserwilhem, Would you mind sharing how you did this? Thanks in advance. CruzinCooler "

yes, kaiserwilhem … pls share your method of madness in detail … also, take a couple screen-caps which may help as well. s'not only for those of us here on printplanet.com … but various proponents and netizens from around the world come across this website in search for answers.

as CruzinCooler suggests … offer your knowledge 'n experience … as we have done for you. no doubt fellow constituent abc would appreciate the directive from you as well.

Last edited:
Here is simple action, it is easier to take it and dissect it than me taking screenshots and explaining.
This works on 1 page document fine, if you have multipage document, you can change action and instead of 1st and last page add variables that you can duplicate any page to any place.
I hope this helps.

Hi, there.
I've been using Pitstop 12/13 for almost a year now, but I am the "new kid on the [Print Planet] block."
I have an unrelated question. Where/how can I post it?
Any help is appreciated.
SK

Sorry guys. Just got back to this thread.

Select all.
Add pages (tell it to make a page 2 so I have something to work with)
Select all
Copy objects to clipboard (it will ask you a name of the clipboard and you make one up)
Select page range (put in 2)
Paste objects from clipboard (pick the same name clipboard that you had before)

Now, what I wanted to do was to take a print and convert envelope that I know came in with XX exra on the top, yy on the bottom, zz on the left and right.
I want to take P1 and do a crop to JUST get the rectangle left. So, I put in the crop coordinates and apply to P2.
I then go to P2 and I want that bottom part. But, I need it to flip 180 to be my second page...
So, I crop first...then, I do a 180 of the page.

When I am done, I have 2 page rectangle showing my production floor what the final converted envelope should look like. (No, I did not get the flap on there. Considering doing this in Indesign with a script and getting the flap....but, you know, that would just be showing off as nobody needs to see the flap!)

Thank you all for this action. Very handy. I have a question regarding a spread where this action may be expanded upon for my use. Any help would be appreciated. I have a 4 page document that, in order, page 1-cover, page 2-inside front cover, page 3- inside back cover and page 4- back cover. I run an action that creates a spread on page 1 and 3 with appropriate spine size (dependent on the amount of pages in the book so spine size differs per document) for a perfect bound cover. After running that action I have to manually copy and paste page 2 into the newly created page 3 "spread" and than copy and paste page 4 into page 1"spread". In order for it to paste correctly into either page 1 or 2 in the desired position I use Enfocus Inspector and highlight Trim Box and de-select "Define Trim Box". After copy and pasting pages 2 & 4 I than delete those 2 pages and end up with the resulting spreads that I need. I have an action that creates the spreads (an action per spine size) and an action that deletes the two pages after pasting but what I don't have is an automated way to paste pages 2 & 4 into 3 & 1 respectively. Can an action be created? I know this is a long explanation of what I'm looking to do so thanks for your patience.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 11.50.07 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 11.50.07 AM.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 485
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 11.50.13 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 11.50.13 AM.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 499
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 11.56.28 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 11.56.28 AM.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 451
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 11.58.58 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 11.58.58 AM.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 459
The problem you are going to have is the predictability of the position of the paste on different pages.
The positioning is based on the visible objects in the copied object, so when you paste it, unless all the pages are same size it will be diffcult to guarantee the position.

If you can guarantee the size then it's perfectly possible. In the paste Action there are tools to define the position based on a region/page box.
So it's not impossible.

Just remember when cut/copy/pasting in Action Lists you can only paste forwards, so make your new spreads the last 2 pages and copy forward into them.

The problem you are going to have is the predictability of the position of the paste on different pages.
The positioning is based on the visible objects in the copied object, so when you paste it, unless all the pages are same size it will be diffcult to guarantee the position.

If you can guarantee the size then it's perfectly possible. In the paste Action there are tools to define the position based on a region/page box.
So it's not impossible.

Just remember when cut/copy/pasting in Action Lists you can only paste forwards, so make your new spreads the last 2 pages and copy forward into them.

I have no problem pasting in as long as I select the Trim Box > de-select "Define Trim Box" in Enfocus Inspector. It always goes into the correct position that I need. I was just looking for a way to automate it. Thanks abc.

I have a similar problem. I have a 164 unique page document, I need to duplicate each page. so it goes 1,1,2,2,3,3, etc. is there a way to do that in pitstop 2017?

I have a similar problem. I have a 164 unique page document, I need to duplicate each page. so it goes 1,1,2,2,3,3, etc. is there a way to do that in pitstop 2017?

Not sure if it will work in Pitstop 2017 but if you have the add pages action that is in Pitstop 2019 you can create a copy of the document you want to duplicate and then create this action. Select 'Insert pages from document' and then point it to the copy of the file you are modifying and change the settings as below. They will then come out as 1,1,2,2,3,3, etc. Also change the value in the text box from 32 to whatever your total number of pages will need to be. For your 164 page PDF that number will need to be 328 which will be the total number of pages after you duplicate each one.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 3.57.30 PM.png

For a single page you could just open the page thumbnails on the left hand side of the screen in acrobat and option-drag the page icon to the position you want it to be and it is done. However the action is useful for larger documents.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back