Pitstop action to create a two page document

akalaray

Is there an action that will take two pdf's and create a single document? I know you can do it with "create pdf" and merge files

Add Pages

Add Pages

akalaray,

In a digital shop I worked at, we added a specific PDF (cut and trim template) to the first page for every digital press we ran. If you are adding the same PDF to every open PDF, such as a cut and trim template file for instance, you can set up specific Actions for each press with the appropriate template PDF.
The action is "Add Pages". Once you insert that PDF to use, believe it or not, you don't even have to have that original file for future use.

CruzinCooler

Add Page from PDF.jpg

There are of course many options:

* Acrobat Pro create/combine.

* One can use imposition software.

* One can use one of many shareware and commercial PDF utilities:
Cyphia Architect, PDF Toolbox, Assemble tool - PDF Toolbox | Cyphia Architect

* With PitStop, one can insert a new page, or insert a new page from another document.

* With Acrobat Pro, one can duplicate an existing page by opt/alt dragging the page thumbnail, then using the edit object tool to delete all on the copied page, then one could place a PDF as a layer (either using Acrobat Pro or PitStop) on the new page and then flatten layers.

Some options are more productive and more creative than others!

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
Do you mean a two page document or a one page document? One page you can add as background and have both pdfs show on a single page, for a two page you can make your pdfs equal number of pages and create an automator app (if your on a mac) to shuffle the two pdfs together.

It really depends what you need, do you have for example 2 channels which have been exported to 2 pdf's i.e. like 2 spot colors (using quark) exported as separate channels and you want to combine them into 1 single PDF file?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back