Plate size (in the Y direction) is longer than the set value.

maac

We can not get a handle on this error. The Agfa tech's have been out many times for this ongoing problem and it comes and goes for 5 months now. As you know the tolerance is 1.5 mm or so.(+and or-) measurement to the plate size and it work for a while then the error will come back. They have changed multiple sensors and did not fix the problem as of yet. We have 3 plate sizes Azura TU (1) 745x605 30mm (2) 525x459 15mm (3) 335x485 15mm #2 and 3 are ok but #1 is the one that comes up with the (Y direction) With the plate size on #1 along the lead edge there is a rainbow effect that we think may interfere with the sensor that measures the length of the plate. As you know this needs to be clear and clean, and with know interference of the rainbow we think.

I attached a pdf file with a plate wrapped around the plate cylinder..

I could used some help with this.

Thanks
Michael

Avalon N4-14S 07430 ERROR 2015/1/6 13:01, 005115, Init

ERROR 2015/1/23 11:30, 00A115

Plate size is incorrect

Attachments

• Avalon-N4 errors.pdf
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Have you measured the plate to see if they are cut to the correct size? We have a Screen 8800 and every once and awhile we get the error and sure enough the plates are off a mm or two.We just go into the interface on the platesetter and adjust the "Y" axis length to the plate size that is off. The rainbow on the plates have nothing to do with the error you are having. It is only a problem if you are having slip sheet detection issues.

thank you for your input and in the beginning we were getting the 745x605 30mm from 2 different sources and that was happening the plate size did change +or- mm. So now they come in from just 1 sources. I will open a box of 50 plates put them in the autoloader start running out the plates and then sometimes the error will happen. It could start in the beginning or the middle or towards the end of the 50 plates. I will say that when we got the plates with out the rainbow we could run all day. We can not get those plates anymore. They were cut down from a larger source plate.

thenks
Michael

Yes we can and we do rotate the plates 180 degrees it will not take care of the problem all of the time. And buy the way when I hand feed the plates I do not have the problem. I can feed the plates all day but with the autoloader this is when it will happen. And also the old slip sheet error as well 2 or 3 times a day.

Last edited:
Y size error

Y size error

Try reducing the plate size 1mm on the platesetter for that specific plate in the set printing plate menu in Y or the smaller length value. If that works fine for a few days, let me know on [email protected] and I will guide u on calibrating the Y plate size sensor. This is a very common problem and should be fixed by reducing the size by 1 or 2 mm

Y size error

Y size error

sorry Michael, in ur case u need to increase the value by 1 or 2 mm. I over looked ur error and thought it said shorter than the set value. What it means is that the machine thinks the plate u r loading is slightly bigger in shortest length as compared to what it is expecting according to the size entered. Pls try and let me know

As I have said earlier we have 4 plate sizes Azura TU (1) 745x605 30mm (2) 525x459 15mm (3) 335x485 15mm and (4) 335x485 30mm. We have cleaned the table and rollers that push the plates into the conveyor and the lead roller into the N4 transport. I think it has to do with the transporter sensor height which is down by the drum. How much do you know about that transporter sensor height?

I attached a pdf file with a plate wrapped around the plate cylinder..View attachment Avalon-N4 errors.pdf

Michael

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back