PMS 10368 Pantone Premium Metallic

Muddy

Does anyone have the formulation for this ink? We mix all our own inks including metallics but I have no formulation for this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

From Pantone:
What are the differences between the PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM Metallics and the PLUS SERIES PREMIUM METALLICS?

The PLUS SERIES PREMIUM METALLICS is an all-new range of 300 metallic colors that have greater brilliance and can be easily coated without any loss in luster. PREMIUM METALLICS also have a longer life after printing without tarnishing or belmishing. Further, the PREMIUM METALLICS use pigments with small metallic particles fully suspended within the body of the ink, eliminating inconsistencies of luster that can occur with conventional inks due to the 'leafing' of the metallic flake to the surface as the ink dries.

whether that means you're supposed to use a different set of ink bases, I have no clue. I don't have the new books yet, so I can't help you with the formula. Just another thing Pantone had to make difficult with this new "Plus" series.

Yes, I do. They are actually bases from the now defunct GOE pAntone series. The yellow is called Medium Yellow, the green is called Bright Green and the Silver is 877. pAntone claims that the silver is made from a special paste that is supplied I believe by Eckart. But don't sweat it. Just use your standard bases to make the ink. Yellow, green, black and silver.

The challenge for you will be to get a hard copy swatch for color guidance in a reasonable time frame.
D

Yes, I do. They are actually bases from the now defunct GOE pAntone series. The yellow is called Medium Yellow, the green is called Bright Green and the Silver is 877. pAntone claims that the silver is made from a special paste that is supplied I believe by Eckart. But don't sweat it. Just use your standard bases to make the ink. Yellow, green, black and silver.

The challenge for you will be to get a hard copy swatch for color guidance in a reasonable time frame.
D

So they tried to reinvent the wheel with GOE. failed, but carried over some of it. Don't get me wrong, I understand that GOE was supposed to be more stable and UV resistant and all of that. and that was a great attempt. but in a slow to change industry like printing, you can't just throw that out there all at once and expect everyone to drop the system they've been using for decades and go "duh, ok bert." LOL

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back