Polar 78 Message

kirby

I have been getting a message "Observe Maintenance Schedule" flashing on my screen once or twice a day. How can i get rid of it? I've done all the maintenance I know of short of replacing the hydraulic oil.
Thanks

If it's anything like our Challenge, which I had the same problem as you at first.... there is a diagnostic/ service mode. You should be able to enter into that and reset your knife change, cut count and lube warnings to zero. If you have your users manual, it should show the steps, mine did.

Hi Kirby

“Observe Maintenance Schedule” is made to tell the operator, that a cutter has safety functions. A lot of users don’t care about safety until the machine brakes down.

There are different versions of 78 machines.

78ES and 78XS, small display (black and white)
In the operating manual I have are two different ways explained. You will see:
Go to “main menu”(function survey), number 3 - icon with the knifes, number 3 “maintenance cut counter”. In this window you can over right the old value. You should set the counter to “0” and finish with ENTER (programming).
or
Go to “main menu”(function survey), number 4 - icon with the open end spanner, “maintenance cut counter”. In this window you can over right the old value. You should set the counter to “0” and finish with ENTER (programming).

78E, 78 ED, 78XT, etc. (big coloured display)
Go to “main menu”, right side “maintenance cut counter”. In this window you can over right the old value. You should set the counter to “0” and finish with ENTER (programming).

Do you have an operating manual? Search for maintenance cut counter.

Buntpapier

Hi Kirby

“Observe Maintenance Schedule” is made to tell the operator, that a cutter has safety functions. A lot of users don’t care about safety until the machine brakes down.

There are different versions of 78 machines.

78ES and 78XS, small display (black and white)
In the operating manual I have are two different ways explained. You will see:
Go to “main menu”(function survey), number 3 - icon with the knifes, number 3 “maintenance cut counter”. In this window you can over right the old value. You should set the counter to “0” and finish with ENTER (programming).
or
Go to “main menu”(function survey), number 4 - icon with the open end spanner, “maintenance cut counter”. In this window you can over right the old value. You should set the counter to “0” and finish with ENTER (programming).

78E, 78 ED, 78XT, etc. (big coloured display)
Go to “main menu”, right side “maintenance cut counter”. In this window you can over right the old value. You should set the counter to “0” and finish with ENTER (programming).

Do you have an operating manual? Search for maintenance cut counter.

Buntpapier

I realize English is not your native language, but the words you want to use instead of "over right" are "over write".

Regards,

Al

Yes, it is not so easy. Five languages and not a single I learnt in school.

Thanks for the correction.
Buntpapier

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back