Polar 78x Cam Issue

SleazyE

Sorry, I figured out how to wind the blade, but the left cam isn't working. It doesn't adjust the blade down or up. Please help. We assembled the cam back on, but apparently not correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:D

You are probably asking for help in this forum to save the expense of a service call from a qualified serviceman. I don't blame you. But a Polar cutter is an expensive machine that deserves proper care.

I have a Polar 105 EMC in my shop and it has never had the problem you describe in your first post. I really think you should engage a qualified service man to set things straight. I am sorry I don't have better news for you.

Regards,

Al

Fixed!

Fixed!

Al, thanks for replying. We actually got it working without Hidleburg's monopoly. We put our heads together with a mechanic and a machinist. The mechanic figured out why is wasn't working. The machinist fixed a pin and make a tool to relock the cam in place. All in all, Hiedelburg said it would take 2 days to repair "we have to take the machine apart to repair cams", and a couple grand. Using an experienced mechanic and a machinist cost 200, it took about an hour to fix. :) Main thing was to do everything safely...No blade in when working...stack of paper to hold the brace up while working with the knife 3 an inch from the strip.

cont..

cont..

If you ever run into trouble where your cutter is shaking too much and sounds like its having problems (loud thuds) and/or (not cutting all the way thru) make sure your arm is lined up inside the |Front panel| where the shear pin is. It should be at 10:00(time) position, and that the shear pin is tight (Reset blade after)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back