POLAR Cutter

fordamainiac

Company thinking of buying a POLAR cutter 137 with the PACE system. What are the pros and cons of this cutter? Is anybody using one in thier plant?
Thanks

We have a 137XT - lift - jogger, It's a great cutter! I would recommend looking at the auto trim function. Cost alot but definitely worth it!

I have watched videos of it and my initial impression is wow. But then I analyze the system and would question whether the machine is worth the investment. I have run a 137XT with Jogger/Scale/Autotrim/ Tranosomat. That was a bad MOFO for the right work. And it could also make an operator slower than if they were using a EMC MON cutter. I just think if you are cutting jobs that are typical in a commercial type facility it would not be a good ROI. 50 skids of 4 sided trimming and it probably breaks production records. 12 out brochures on a sheet and it will probably slow you down. The Autotrim is nice. You speed up on cutting especially with gutter take outs. But if your trash conveyor is running into boxes/ baskets etc. then welcome to the new bottleneck. If you dig into it with Heidelberg I would be curious as to the production rate numbers they quote you.

Good Luck,
John Weaver

The problem with the PACE system is the cutter operator has become the jogger and cutter operator. The hardest part of the cutting process is jogging. Not only that the operator has to walk back and forth from the jogger to the cutter about 2 miles a day. By lunch time he would be worn out. The other problem is the operator has no control of the quality during the 4 side trimming. Take a look at the Perfecta/Baumann BASA system. It is proven to take the hard work out while working smarter and nearly twice as fast. Check the video out at YouTube - Perfecta Horseshoe BASA

The problem with the PACE system is the cutter operator has become the jogger and cutter operator. The hardest part of the cutting process is jogging. Not only that the operator has to walk back and forth from the jogger to the cutter about 2 miles a day. By lunch time he would be worn out. The other problem is the operator has no control of the quality during the 4 side trimming. Take a look at the Perfecta/Baumann BASA system. It is proven to take the hard work out while working smarter and nearly twice as fast. Check the video out at YouTube - Perfecta Horseshoe BASA

That is pretty neat. What does that set someone back?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back