Polaris XTV and Kodak Violet Print or Liolet News

ansoft

Hello Gents,
We have Polaris XTV and use Lap-V silver plates, but we are no longer happy with Agfa plates. There is no particular issue with the plates, but it is difficult to obtain them. From Kodak we have better offer, but we have to adjust the platesetter and to buy a new processor.
I would like to ask: is it possible to convert the Polaris to use Kodak Violet Print plates? I know that I have to increase the laser power, but is it possible? The Kodak needs about 40 uJ/cm2 energy, and requires 30mW laser.
I highly appreciate your answers.

Nope.... not to increase the laser power, but to upgrade (actually to exchange) whole imager assy at the top of Polaris from 5 mW laser diode unit to 30 mW one.

Last edited:
Perhaps, I have to contact the Agfa representatives. How could I find if my Agfa is 5mW, or 30mW? Do you have approx price for that upgrade? Please write to Private Messages. Thank you VladCanada!

I'm not with AGFA for years...
Send your questions to Agfa reps, give them Polaris Serial number and they will tell you: 5 or 30 mW.

ansoft:

If you do wish to convert to violet photopolymer,
please realize that we are the market leader for
violet photopolymer plates.

Dear SteveAgfa,
Yes I know that your market share in photopolymer plates is more than 55%, but I would like to know how to switch from Lap-V to N91V, or Kodak Violet print or Fuji LP-NV.
I am aware of your products, but I am just asking:)
Regards!

ansoft.

As Vlad suggested, work with your local representatives
as to your current laser power, and necessary steps to
move to a photopolymer configuration.

Regards,

Hi Gents,
There is a label on the laser head 60mW/405nm. It is enoungh for exposing violet photopolymer plates. What should be done to switch from silver to photopolymer plates? Now they are working with silver and the power is set to 48. Is there any filter?
Best Regards

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back