Poll for color management software

• Yes, we do.

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No, we don.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Frank,
I would not classify GMG & Oris as color management software, but rather, color management aware software and they produce output to color devices. X-Rite's ProfileMaker, Monaco, and Kodak's Colorflow are what I call color management software. They actual produce ICC profiles for other RIPs and software to use. My 2cents of knowledge.

Frank,
I would not classify GMG & Oris as color management software, but rather, color management aware software and they produce output to color devices. .

But both GMG and Oris have other applications dealing more directly with file conversion, and GMG has the ability to deliver an ICC profile for use in other applications.

most inkjet RIPs can serve as CM hubs

most inkjet RIPs can serve as CM hubs

GMG, CGS, EFI - the German RIP triumvirate - can all serve as color management hubs.
In many cases, customers use the profile creation tools within these applications instead of Profile Maker or Monaco.

They can then be used to color manage files for use in multiple output devices - inkjet printers, digital presses, etc.

Learn a lot from you guys!
Actually, before I rise this poll, all I know about color management is try to get the same color from different equipments depend on some conditions. For me, GMG and CGS can provide a wonderful proof software, so I classify these applications as "color management software".

Here in china, X-Rite's profilemaker may be the number 1 sold color management software(because of the price.)

If we can not identify GMG & CGS as a color management soft. what should they be called?

GMG Colorserver all the way

GMG Colorserver all the way

Hi

I use GMG Colorserver and have done for the last 2 years. I produce catalogues for verious clients that go to a variaty of printers Gravure, Web and Offset all over Europe. I have been able to implement full RGB workflows for these clients . I have over 40 different conversion profiles both Standards i.e. ISO, PSR and custom. Colorserver has enabled me to make profiles for presses. Now if a client says that they have moved their print from a Gravure printers in Switzerland to a Web printers in the UK its no problem even once all the PDFs are made.

Steve

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back