Possible fuser issue with OKI C942

Igorm

Hi
I'm trying to figure out if this is a fuser issue, the media being incorrect, or something else.

I'm trying to print on self-adhesive PET and when I try to print anything larger than a Letter. It looks like the fuser just shuts off about 2/3 of the way.

Also, I been noticing some discoloration but I'm assuming that's the drums.

The fuser/drums/and everything else in the machine still has about 90% of life left, so brand new (unless the previous owner messed with it)

Before I spend about $500 to test my fuser theory, could it be something else here? Maybe some setting that I need to change?

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.57.32 AM.png

No.

On a plain 11x17 (80gsm or 20lb) i get a full print without this issue.

I will get some cardstock tomorrow and try that

My first thought was inline with @SoggyWinter's comment ...if it's only happening on that media, then it's the media and not the machine. Don't waste money on replacing the fuser. You could try increasing or decreasing the GSM setting, but my guess is you're not going to have much luck printing that type of material on the OKI. We have the same OKI and we have not has much success printing on synthetics. The toner always seems to pick off, even if we do get a decent print. Our Konica's print on the synthetics without any issue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back