PPI question

rbailleu

I am running into an issue with ppi and the data cards. we have a clasic consol on press. all you get is the job number/name. the issue is what do you do on jobs with multiple sets of plates. like booklets.
the plate can have all the info on it so you can tell which plates go with which signatures. but the ink card writes just the name to the card with no way to tell which cip3 file goes with which signature. I can certainly type in the info in ppi, but I was hoping for a more automated solution.

Which version are you running?
It is possible to define so called "filename tokening" specially for card and PresetLink jobs.
Simple answer would be: see help files, or send me PM.
Janez

latest version. and I have been looking at the token options. and I will read the help file.

Sounds like you had a similar problem like we did. When sending jobs down to prepress interface with mulitple signatures, each signature at press would have the same job name without any other indication. We had HD come in and turn on a function in PPI to enable a job string. The job string can be customized. Our request was to have the string send the imposition name plus the sig number. We have jobs with different languages and multiple signatures.

Good luck

I know its 4.5 and installed less than 2 months ago. I will check on the exact version. are there any tricks I should watch out for? is it just a matter of listing the tokens in the order you want them?

Last edited:
yes, it looks like I can do that with tokens. from what I garner you can tell it to have a name of various info from the job. like the job string on plates. the problem as I see it the name cant match the string on the plate as there are not enough characters on the card and press to identify everything.
so I have to come up with some plan. I would like to do something like sixdigitjobnumber_signumber_front/back. but then I have to come up with a numbering plan for all jobs. it would be neat if I could unify the meta number and ppm job number somehow. right now our job number is our job name. but I am working on that.

Sounds like you had a similar problem like we did. When sending jobs down to prepress interface with mulitple signatures, each signature at press would have the same job name without any other indication. We had HD come in and turn on a function in PPI to enable a job string. The job string can be customized. Our request was to have the string send the imposition name plus the sig number. We have jobs with different languages and multiple signatures.

Good luck

Use apropriate fields in Signa for Job number, job name and customer name. Try use as less characters to describe jobname.
You will have to create token to put job no., job name, sig. no, F/B to JMC and CPC limitation

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back