Prepress Workflows

Thanks....

Thanks....

Thanks everyone. This is a lot of great stuff. But to rope everyone back. I am looking to see both Rampage and Prinergy in action and and talk to the people using it (face to face).
Is there anyone using one of these two applications that would allow a visit????

I live close to the Chicago area....

Thank you in advance....

We're 90 miles west of Chicago. Too far for you? (Hey, Gene T. used to work for us!)

Last edited:
Prepress workflows

Prepress workflows

If you require a prepress work flow that has full intergration with a number on a number of fronts such as
full workflow management
current adobe engine
web face portals for individual customers
colour management
quotation
rules based activities for ultimate customisation

basically a system that controls the same file from the time the customer has a "thought" for the product to the time the plates are made there is ony one system KODAK, Prinergy with a number of add ons which you can grow into.........its a system that captures everyting

Robert, all valid points but why stop at just outputting plates, why not digital preset more then just ink keys, over 25 points on a XL 105 press, reducing makeready? Why not have a centralized server that encompasses one master JDF that contains not only the MIS info, prepress, press, digital press and post press info. Why not collect the production data in real time and feed it back to the MIS for costing purposes? Why not have a digital remake file for a job contain the information to digitally set prepress, press and post? How about the press settings at the good sheet point being saved for reprints? How about a scheduling system that is dynamically updated automatically as a job is running?

Oh, I forgot, we do have workflow management along with Adobe engine (hey, the first Postscript rip was Rip 1 from Linotype which was acquired by Heidelberg in 1997), color management hailing back to the Hell Scanner, web portals with interface to the MIS, GATF award wining PDF trapping engine which was the first PDF trapping engine out, have a common workflow for commercial and digital with interfaces to Canon, HP, Kodak and Xerox, Signa Station, considered one of the best imposition programs, etc, etc. Actually, I would not say we have full workflow management, I would say we have full printshop management from the web to the shipping. Now we are talking integration!! Why stop at the plates, why not Prinect the entire shop?

Regards,

Mark

If you require a prepress work flow that has full intergration with a number on a number of fronts such as
full workflow management
current adobe engine
web face portals for individual customers
colour management
quotation
rules based activities for ultimate customisation

basically a system that controls the same file from the time the customer has a "thought" for the product to the time the plates are made there is ony one system KODAK, Prinergy with a number of add ons which you can grow into.........its a system that captures everyting

Do we rename the post clash of the titans? :p I believe red, yellow green and blue labels all are convinced that they have the best products. The question is also the ground support you will get. The accesability and knowhow of the staff that will install and train you, if you have any sites with installs where you can discuss thinngs with peers in a non competitive way, and an organisation that will listen to you and your concerns.

Some systems have lotts of bells and whistles, but all the functions you really want being optional extras.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back