Preps: Colorbars and Perfecting

lanctk

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to have a colorbar at the tail end of the sheet on both the front and back of a signature when using a perfector work style in Preps 4.5.1.5. Right now, the colorbar prints at the gripper on the back side when perfected and I can not seem to change it. We use the preps template in Apogee Prepress. Thanks.

(FYI: I am aware that when perfecting, the tail end tumbles to the gripper on the backside, I am just hoping there is someway to keep the colour bar at the tail end)

What you have to do is place the colorbar twice. Once on the Front and then once on the Back. If you were in Preps 5, you could use Smart Mark Groups to do this for you automatically.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I am using Preps 5.1.5. However the smart marks would not show up on the back side of the imposition in Apogee Prepress. Had to use Static marks and then your suggestion worked beautifully. Thanks again.

Placing the mark twice is a work-around to this problem with perfecting layouts. Kodak ought to fix this problem, allowing users to have better control over the placement of the color bar on perfecting layouts so that you don't have to do silly things like place the mark twice. Sadly, even in Preps 6 this is still an issue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back