Preps Page Over Lap

rherlihy

I am trying to create an imposition where I have overlapping pages. Is there a way in Preps where you can bring on page on top of the other? I have tried many things but nothing is working. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe Add Independent Page?

Maybe Add Independent Page?

Without seeing what you need to overlap, select Add Independent Page from the Template pulldown menu. If you need the white area to be transparent, then I don't think this will work for you.

Erik

Tried That. The problem is that one page take precedent over the other. I tried the order in which I added the pages. But nothing seemed to work. Thanks for your help.

you may need to create 2 separate layouts and once they're converted to 1-bit tiffs, double burn them.

That's when I then build the full/imposed layout in whatever application it was created in. It sucks, but at least it works.

Erik

I think I might have an alternative for you. With our Dynastrip and inpO2 software we will support transparencies for nesting. If you want to know more drop Dynagram a email.

The Independent Pages should work. I have used this method before, with success. Are you thinking that it isnt working, by the preview in Preps? It doesnt not preview correctly, but should RIP/Plate correctly. Try to plate it, and preview the plate if you can. We use Apogee PrintDrive, so we can preview the actual plate.
Hope this helps.

-Sev

Yes I can Verify the last comment...

It doesn't preview in Preps correctly - but Rips correct...

WELL it DID for me in Odystar Rip... That was until my Preps died on Monday...

Arrrgh

good luck..

Pete

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back