Preps plate grip????

Bansheei

HI there guys,

We have just purchased Preps and trying to get it running.
We have the Device set up to the CTP Plate Size of 730 x 600 with CTP PPD installed and
when making templates using a standard sheet size if 650 x 455.
14mm paper grip, where do you put in plate grip... (55mm)

to position the sheet on the plate???
Ive been reading all the manuals and cant find how to adjust it.

we have other jobs that run on bigger sheet sizes that have different paper and plate grip also...

We would appreciate any steering in the right direction. (its kinda driving me mad)

I have been fiddling with alignment and punch position in the device config, but I have a feeling im on the wrong track because everything i type in does not seem to do anything. Ive tested this by distilling the postscripts (imposed jobs in preps) and measuring if the sheet is positioned on the plate correctly in the and its not. (Measuring bottom trims to edge of sheet - grip edge in Acrobat)

Is the plate grip something to be adjusted on the RIP maybe, we are using HQ RIP...
:confused:

Last edited:
Adjusting plate grip on RIP seems like a good idea. We are using Prinergy rip and adjust plate grip there for different plates and presses. I guess that there must be the same option in HQ RIP (under layout - shift horizontaly ). Pdf that comes from Preps looks like printed sheet.

The device config area is where the punch setup takes place. If you temporarily turn on Fitting and tiling you can check how it moves the sheet in your template window.

Signature information

Signature information

I think what you are looking for is in the Signature information window.
The bottom line is "Press Sheet edge to punch center"
See attached.

Mark

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 280
Preps Grip

Preps Grip

We have our PlateRite 8600 platesetter set up for the different plate bends. If you want to set it in Preps the easiest way to to just double the very outside window and you can set it there at the very bottom of the window.

You can do it either via the punch position in the device config or with the "Press Sheet edge to punch center" in the Signature information window. Or in the RIP if you know how and where.

Gosh, its kind of weird that there isn't a function specifically built into preps for this issue.
Thanks guys for all your responses!
I feel a little less crazy now. :D

There is something in Preps for this specific Issue. It is in the Device Setup for your connection. It is the Horizontal or Vertical Offset. By increasing the Vertical Offset, this will shift your imposition back on the Plate without having to modify Imposition templates.

By having it setup this way. If you have presses with different plate bend, you don't need to modify your template, you would just have a different Device Setup for the other Press.

This has been a big time saver for us. We create our Preps Imposition template to the size of the Press Sheet and leave the "Press sheet edge to punch center" at zero. This setup becomes vary modular and allows for proofing on many different types of imposition back proofers.

Brian

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back