Preps won't take new pages

pajdzn

I am using Preps 5.3.1 with Prinergy EVO 3.1.6.6 and it has developed a problem with pdf's that have been corrected. It used to work fine but lately, if a page is corrected using Acrobat or PitStop, it won't allow me to replace the corrected page, it rejects it saying that it can't read the new pdf. I am assuming that it is a case of newer programs not playing well with older ones.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Try Preps 5.3.3 which I believe is a free upgrade.

I use 5.3.3 and Acrobat 8 Pro, so describe simple correction with Acrobat that you know definitely causes this problem, and Ill try it out for you.

Al

Acro9 and Pitstop won't work either. If you make edits, you need to peg the pdf down a couple of versions.
I use Acrobat's PDF Optimizer to fix, everything turned off except the "Make compatible with:".

I am using Preps 5.3.1 with Prinergy EVO 3.1.6.6 and it has developed a problem with pdf's that have been corrected.

I experienced the same when updating Acrobat Pro from CS3 to CS4. You need to use Acrobat Pro v8 for your PDF edits or Kodak recommended updating Preps and EVO. What is really unfortunate is how hard it is to unload CS4 to load CS3. Updating Preps is the easiest thing to try.

Well, now it appears that any page that is revised and then replaces the original page may have a problem with Preps. For some reason, Preps isn't letting replace pages with new ones. It is not a consistent problem but happens enough to make it a crap shoot anytime I get a correction or revised page from the customer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back