PressView users??

matmac

Hi All,

Is anyone currently using ColorWare's PressView software for colour management / ISO print certification?

PressView - Your Universal Color Control Tool - Colorware

This is the system that I'm looking to implement to achieve ISO 12647-2 for our Printing Firm.

What is the Good / Bad / Ugly?

And for anyone currently standardized on ISO 12647-2 or Fogra 39, at what stage of the print process are you verifying to the target. My expectation is that most printers are measuring 1-5 days post print to a "Dry" ISO Lab value.

Thanks in Advance,

Matt.

I've also been looking into this. We looked into PressView and GMG PrintControl Pro.

Pressview has a much nicer user interface which is very clear to understand. It can be upgraded so that you have client software on each press so they measure each job as they print it. It also allows you to have a spot colour database.

Print Control Pro is not as user friendly but does offer more technical information. It will not work alongside the press so you would use it initially just to create the relevant ink densities.

We are looking at PrintControl first as the press guys already understand densities. To go out there with PressView and start talking LAB and Delta E will scare them to death! If all goes well just using densities then we may upgrade to PressView in the future and actually measure Spectroally off the press.

I've also been looking into this. We looked into PressView and GMG PrintControl Pro.

Pressview has a much nicer user interface which is very clear to understand. It can be upgraded so that you have client software on each press so they measure each job as they print it. It also allows you to have a spot colour database.

Print Control Pro is not as user friendly but does offer more technical information. It will not work alongside the press so you would use it initially just to create the relevant ink densities.

We are looking at PrintControl first as the press guys already understand densities. To go out there with PressView and start talking LAB and Delta E will scare them to death! If all goes well just using densities then we may upgrade to PressView in the future and actually measure Spectroally off the press.

Hi Kristian,

Demo'd GMG PrintControl Pro - great product / excellent support. The integration to our workflow with proofing RIP was not a simple process. PCP did not offer network support to the press, PressView does. PressView allows for both Wet and Dry readings, we are looking to implement a press based spectro for Wet and Dry readings that can be linked back to the central PressView database.

Cheers,

Matt.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back