PressWise

Jim Klann

Does anybody know anything about this package ?

It's not the old imposition software from the Aldus days of the mid 90's, it's a web2print package.

Thanks

If it was the old Aldus/Adobe Presswise I could help you! :)

Good luck in your search! :)

Michael Reiher

Hi Jim. PressWise is the creation of Eric Wold founder of Aethos Technologies. Eric (a 10 year printer) developed PressWise over 5 years of rigorous in-shop testing and live use. PressWise was acquired last year by Datatech SmartSoft Inc. Here's our website Presswise - Home
Hope this helps.
Corry

Corry:

Michael (WiseGuy) might have some PressWise Wise Guys jackets for you.
I've got one circa 1992, but alas, it no longer fits!

Corry:

Michael (WiseGuy) might have some PressWise Wise Guys jackets for you.
I've got one circa 1992, but alas, it no longer fits!

:) Wow! Good to see you still have yours! I do too of course. I think it still fits too! Barely! :) Those we're fun days.

Anyone still have an Aldus/Adobe Prepress Group lettermans jacket?

I've got an old copy of TrapWise and I think PressWise complete with ADB dongles. Anyone remember using Print/ColorCentral?

Are we off topic or what?

Are we off topic or what?

We should have an Aldus/Adobe Prepress Jacket reunion at the next Graph Expo... anyone who has a jacket still can show up! It would be interesting to see who still has theirs and how many we can get together. We gave out hundreds of those things.

Steve... you could just carry yours in. :)

I used to work with some of those guys when I was Seattle ImageSetting. I never got one of those jackets despite all that time alpha/beta testing products. I had no idea they were given away! They told me I had to be in the group and pay for it myself... Rat bastards!

Matt, I think Chuck got one? Not sure? I'm surprised you weren't given one. I hope it wasn't me that denied you! :) You probably just asked the wrong person... there were only a few of us that had the capability to give them out and I never held back on Beta testers.

To be fair... most people got them given to them as part of a promotion when the bought a software. I ran a promo for about 2 months early on to promote PressWise and Trapwise where you bought a product and to a free jacket. In that time frame we gave out about 500 jackets if I remember correctly.

Love all the banter! Looks like I may need to talk to our Marketing department and get them working on jackets for PressWise! P.S. The new PressWise end-to-end digital print workflow system is no relation to the legacy Aldus/Adobe Presswise. ;)

Matt, I think Chuck got one? Not sure? I'm surprised you weren't given one. I hope it wasn't me that denied you! :) You probably just asked the wrong person... there were only a few of us that had the capability to give them out and I never held back on Beta testers.

To be fair... most people got them given to them as part of a promotion when the bought a software. I ran a promo for about 2 months early on to promote PressWise and Trapwise where you bought a product and to a free jacket. In that time frame we gave out about 500 jackets if I remember correctly.

Yeah... John, Jason, Mike and Paul all told me that I had to work there (like they did at various points) to get one. I got screwed considering how much of my time i spent testing. Especially being right across the court yard. Or in the case of PageMaker across the street and Luminous down the block and over ;) . Heck I even live right across 168th from the old Scenic Soft office.

Yes, Chuck did get a jacket. I'm not sure if you know or not but he passed away suddenly a few years ago. Very sad, very sad. I owe my career to Chuck and Dolores. They still had the Aldus Linotronic 300 until they moved out of Seattle.

Yes, Chuck did get a jacket. I'm not sure if you know or not but he passed away suddenly a few years ago. Very sad, very sad. I owe my career to Chuck and Dolores. They still had the Aldus Linotronic 300 until they moved out of Seattle.

Matt, I did hear about Chuck. Very sad. He was a great guy and everyone at SIS was good to us in the Aldus/Adobe prepress group. Sorry we never hooked you up.

BTW... when you said Paul... did you mean Paul Schering?

Yes, Paul, Bill and I all worked nights. Then when Paul had to pick between Adobe and SIS I thought he chose (or was told to choose by Chuck) Adobe. Bill eventually went to days and ran all the jobs at night until I left. Four Linos, a Select Set 7000, Dolev 800 with PS/2, Iris SmartJet, all that stuff and almost all the PC jobs on Windows NT! Not 95, but NT! Paul and I had gotten along for a while but some "weird" things happened and we didn't work together much after that. I see Bill driving around every once and a while in West Seattle. Paul completely disappeared. I think John T ended up at Adobe here in Seattle. Mike E. last I heard works at a law firm in the (or running the) IT department. Jason I thought went to Adobe as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back