Prinect Signastation 3

thegrads

I am having trouble bringing Prinect Signastation 3 JT imposition files into Apogee Prepress 6. The imposition JT comes in fine. The problem I am having is getting Apogee to recognize the variables in the textmark/slugline. I have used Apogee variables. Has anyone else had this issue.

Regards, Adam.

Hello...

... we are using rather Preps. In case of Preps only the variables from the manual of Preps are working. So I think you should try the variables from Signastation.

Do you create a fat PDF sheet or a PJTF/JDF?

Daniel

Hi Daniel, we print to a JT file. We can also print to a JDF file. Most of the Signa text variables work, the one I really need is colour/separation.

Ahh! To achieve this you need an Apogee border. You find them under the Image (left) icon of your output device, like: System Positive Digiwedge Plate, etc.

You can also customize them in system overview, clicking your output device TP, below in "resources".

The reason is easy: there are no separations in imposition TP! I can also tell you do not have separations until rendering. (Sometimes we do not render, just Export to Pdf...)

So separation names are created later, in Render TP, so only Apogee variables in Border can be used.

Alternatively you can create/use an EPS mark, using a cyan coloured "Cyan" text, etc.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back