Prinergy 4.0.2.5. upgrade

Irenya

Hi,
we just got new Macs with OS10.5 and bunch of the problems along with that. Workshop does not run properly on the new workstations. I knew the higher version of OS was going to be an issue, that's why we didn't go with 10.6. Our current Prinergy version is 4.0.2.5.18, so I'm wondering does it worth to upgrade to 4.1.2. or it rather like "not broken don't fix". I ran pre-installation check on the both servers, so primary one apparently passed it, but secondary - not. Can be this an issue since it doesn't clearly say in the installation guide what are the requirements for secondary server or rendering station. Any suggestions will appreciate!
One more thing: Kodak representative suggested to upgrade to next version (which is 5). Unfortunately this is not an option, since we've upgraded our rip to 4 just before version 5 has been released.

Hi, some tips in my thread as we also upgraded our system to 10.5 and 10.6. I know we are using an even older version of Prinergy but some issues like Workshop not running can be resolved with installing the older java versions in your system and/or making it that the old java is used instead of java 6. Check your java preferences in the Utilities folder and make sure 1.4.2 is used first (for workshop)

Using Java 1.5 and Java 1.4 on Snow Leopard | Ted Wise

http://printplanet.com/forums/kodak-systems/20661-prinergy-3-1-workshop-os-x-10-5-10-6-a

Joris

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back