Prinergy Connect / InSite problem

KamilT

Dear colleagues,
please, help me with strange Prinergy/InSite issue.
Installed it's Prinergy Connect 6.1.2 a InSite 6.7.1., and, to the my best knowledge, behavior of the system changed, literally overnight. Some of the functionality has gone, some is different. Nothing has changed even after the reinstallation. Detailed description of the problem is in the attached PDF file. Please, if you know anybody with detailed knowledge of the Connect/InSite, forward my question to him. Some people tell me, that our "new" behavior is the one and only correct, but this is strange and totally against my experience from the last few months. Strange.
Thank you for any insight,
best regards
Kamil Tresnak

Attachments

• PrinergyConnect.pdf
    181.2 KB · Views: 289
Those settings to me make perfect sense. If you want to allow them to approve pages without someone requesting approval you have the option to allow them to by checking the "Auto-set" box. Then you have the option to allow them to approve without any warning or a warning telling the basically that no one has requested approval yet. Or you can uncheck the "Auto-set" box and force them to wait until someone requests approval. If you want to go back to the way it was done in previous version check the "Auto-set" box and set the preference to "Always Allow". And I personally would not want to give customers the ability to move jobs to production, or back. If you have RBA it would be easy to move jobs to production once all pages are approved.

Those settings to me make perfect sense. If you want to allow them to approve pages without someone requesting approval you have the option to allow them to by checking the "Auto-set" box. Then you have the option to allow them to approve without any warning or a warning telling the basically that no one has requested approval yet. Or you can uncheck the "Auto-set" box and force them to wait until someone requests approval. If you want to go back to the way it was done in previous version check the "Auto-set" box and set the preference to "Always Allow". And I personally would not want to give customers the ability to move jobs to production, or back. If you have RBA it would be easy to move jobs to production once all pages are approved.

I agree with Joe, these settings make perfect sense to me as well. In an automated workflow where customers are uploading and approving pages without being "requested" to do so from a CSR then the Auto-set has to checked

Hello Joe and MitchtheMitch and thank you for reply,

my thoughts about "sense" was here only to support my claim, that something was changed. Kodak support dont believe me (yes, this is like in some crazy movie). Sorry if my bad English contribute to any misunderstanding.

Joe:
If you check "Auto-set", you not have to care about "Always allow" anymore, because all the pages will be immediately set (everytime) as *approval requested*, do you agree? So my point is, that this behavior is not OK with the manual, or this part of the manual make no sense.
And before, if you un-check "Auto-set" (mean, page are not requested), and have checked "Allow with warnig", then if you has cliked to Approve (as a customer user), you get warning window "you are about to approve, but you are not requested to do this". Then you can approve page despite this warning, which is perfectly in accordance with the manual.
I have used this setting many times myself. Now, without "Auto set" i can not click "Approve", this link is grayed and not avalilable.
So, is here anybody, who can uncheck "Auto set", check "Allow with warning" and as a Customer User can click to "Approve"? I am kindly asking for input from real InSite/Connect users ...

"And I personally would not want to give customers the ability to move jobs to production, or back"

Yes, not back, of course, this feature is for Staff User only.
Moving to production (if clicked by Customer User) you can utilize as "job approve" instead of "page approve", which is good thing. Again, purpose of my writing is not dispute sense of this functionality. Point is, that for some time, my Customer Users can click to this link. Now, for Customer Users, link is gone (not grayed, is gone).
I just want my link back :))))
And i read about exactly about this functionality somewhere in the manual, but i can not find where, which do not help to my credibility, i know :)

"If you have RBA it would be easy to move jobs to production once all pages are approved."
Well, not in situation if you dont know exact amount of pages beforehand. All pages can be approved, but job still can be incomplete. I have to setup different levels of automatization and have to cover this condition (i can use some fields from info sheet, but this is not the point of my post).

Thank you all !

Kamil

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back