Prinergy Evo - Gradient problem

Bojan_Libra

In Prinergy Evo when put calibration curve for plate that I made in Harmony my gradients is terrible, without curve is perfect, same thing in Xitron Navigator 8 is ok, is anybody have Prinergy Evo with one bit tiff license to try to make tiff file of gradient ? Here is image with my results. I also try to make curve with only 3 point and i get same results.

Attachments

• Gradients from Prinergy Evo 4.jpg
    Gradients from Prinergy Evo 4.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 198
That is a halftone - is it not, viewed in Photoshop in bitmap mode? You will need to view at 100 or 1:1 view in Photoshop if this image does contain bitmap halftones. Although 100% view is the safest, you may also find less artifacts in reduced views such as 50% or 25% than with an "odd" figure such as 11% etc. Any other reduced magnification will likely cause display issues. Radial gradients are very unforgiving. Linear gradients have less problems, however both are synthetic images that are perfect, so any curve will tend to cause issues. Natural images are not perfect in their gradation so have more leeway for error. You may still have problems on plate, however I would first guess that your plate curves are fine and this is just a display issue. Of course, you do have to test that your curves are not creating banding or other issues in gradients on plate and press.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
This what u see is scrennshot in my Photoshop and same thing i get on the plate, my curve is ok because I use same curve values in Xitron Navigator, I need if someone have Prinergy Evo with one bit tiff license to try this. If somebody need i can upload full resolution files on some server.

prinergy evo

prinergy evo

send me the file and i'll help
we just had evo installed a few weeks ago so i'm interested in this issue
i have evo with a one bit tiff license.
Did you want me to output a plate or let it rip and view on screen?

Hi Bojan, please upload it. I have Prinergy Evo with One Bit Tiff License and I would like to see the results, too.

I was just wondering how the Harmony Curve was created? It was based on measurements from a Digital Media Wedge?

Thank you,

HI there, sorry I could not download your files. Would you be able to share using Google Docs? I cant connect to your suggested site because the internal Censornet keeps blocking the access to this site.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back