prinergy evo

Kanishk

I have prinergy evo 5.1 my system antivirus is removed it some files in prinergy evo folder after than prinergy evo is not started.
so i want to remove my software i tried to remove thru "prinergy evo setup" option but after one minutes that will stuck than i tried remove thru "add & remove programe" but not success than i removed all files "manualy even folder & registry" also but again failure.
I tried to installation new version but showing error. attached it error file also.
one way is format complete system & install software.
But i want solution which file is creating problem.
any one have it idea please reply it.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 224
I have prinergy evo 5.1 my system antivirus is removed it some files in prinergy evo folder after than prinergy evo is not started.
so i want to remove my software i tried to remove thru "prinergy evo setup" option but after one minutes that will stuck than i tried remove thru "add & remove programe" but not success than i removed all files "manualy even folder & registry" also but again failure.
I tried to installation new version but showing error. attached it error file also.
one way is format complete system & install software.
But i want solution which file is creating problem.
any one have it idea please reply it.

Try to install in other drive like d drive or e or f drive

Hi Kaniskh, it seems that you are having a hard time with your Prinergy Evo, right?

Well here are some information that it is needed regarding your issue with Prinergy Evo:

1) Which Prinergy Evo version is installed? Prinergy 5.1.6.5 or latest (5.1.6.11)?
2) Which O.S. is installed in the Evo server? Windows 2003 or Windows 2008?
3) Firewall is enabled or disabled?
4) Which antivirus software is running?
5) Did you removed the USB Sentinel Driver by mistake?

If you want first to check if the problem is the USB dongle driver:

If you have a USB dongle provided by Kodak, please try to uninstall completely the USB Sentinel Driver using Control Panel. Later, install the latest driver available on this following site (7.6.4):
Sentinel Drivers| SafeNet

If you really needs to reinstall Evo:

Make sure that you have 1) the original CD or the .exe from eCentral containing Prinergy Evo full installation before to start. If you have 2) a .zip file with the Prinergy settings that would be needed, otherwise you will need to recreate your process templates again, which is not desirable. Also you will need to have 3) a copy of the original .xml file containing the Prinergy Evo licenses provided by Kodak.

Then if you are really stucked, and if you have all these resources mentioned in the last paragraph, then you are able to reinstall Prinergy Evo from scratch.

Try to install first the USB dongle driver and after the Prinergy Evo installation again, probably you will be able to bypass these issues.

If you still have problems and if you have a Platesetter connected in the same server, than I suggest you to contact Kodak.

If you need additional help or if you have some additional technical questions, please contact me off-forum. May I would be able to share some additional ideas with you.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Just to add more details about Prinergy Evo versus Antivirus:

There is no problem to run an antivirus software in a Prinergy Evo Server. But IT personnel must be aware to skip the following folders:

D:\HotFolders
D:\Jobdata
C:\Program Files\Kodak

Maybe the best thing is to create an additional OU in the local network just for Prinergy Evo server, since this box is neither a workstation or a standard server.

I've seen Prinergy Evo servers running with sucess with Trendmicro Office Scan or Microsoft Forefront, Take care about other antivirus softwares.

Regards,

Hi Kanishk,

Note that your screenshot is too low resolution to read, so it's impossible to speculate what issues you're encountering. Maybe upload a larger image, or type the error you see?

If you're looking for a quick resolution to this, you may want to open a call with the Response Center. :)
James

1) Which Prinergy Evo version is installed? Prinergy 5.1.6.5 or latest (5.1.6.11)?

Ans : Prinergy evo version is 5.1.6.11

2) Which O.S. is installed in the Evo server? Windows 2003 or Windows 2008?

Ans : windows 2003 R2 with sp 2

3) Firewall is enabled or disabled?

Ans : Firewall is Disabled.

4) Which antivirus software is running?

Ans : symantec endpoint protection 11

5) Did you removed the USB Sentinel Driver by mistake?

Ans : No never.

trying to installation in another drive again same problem.

Dear i want explain to history actually my antivirus is removed some files in bin directory normally in bin directory around 256 files.
Before i removing my prinergy evo folder in my (C Drive) i seen only seven file is there. very less directory in evo folder.
But my prinergy administrator is showing runing only not showing components.
that is the reason i think it uninstall evo First i am using uninstall evo thro evo utility. but not succcess than i try thru windows addremove programme again i am failure.
than i think it when i install evo software will automatically uninstall software but again failure. than i removed software manually after than i tried installation but not success.

If you want create same problem in server you remove some files in evo bin directory. you face it same problem. I think this problem will solved only kodak software RND team.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back