prinergy - proofer client drops epson

GaryS

Hello,

I have prinergy 5.1.6.9 and running proofer client 5.1 - The client keeps telling me the epson is not connected (windows can print a test page) If I restart the computer it connects for a few hours then drops again.

the errors are:

6006 unable to communicate with proofer
94000 dongle is not connected
85062 Licensing is required

Is my dongle corrupt?

thanks for the help!

-Gary

update: I have located the problem to all the usb ports - solution was to install new usb ports. Printer has stayed connected.

-Gary

Thanks for the update Gary. So indirectly related to the dongle as the dongle is USB.

Was this purely a software issue, or did you have to have the USB ports and other related hardware replaced (sorry, it was not 100% clear from your post)?

Stephen Marsh

USB trouble.

USB trouble.

Stephen,

The dongle kept disconnecting, I tried to move it to other usb ports (8 in total) all ports are working running the mouse, keyboard and my eyeone. For some reason the dongle kept turning off. So we put in a new PCI broad giving us 3 more usb ports and the dongle works fine. I dont think it has getting enough power. Not a software issue at all.

-Gary

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back