Prinergy Workshop Colour space errors

kezg

attached is the error im getting when trying to refine pages in workshop, the process is setup to reject files with incorrect colour spaces (i dont know what types it allows or rejects).
Basically what i need to know is what would cause this error?
Where is the colour space decided and what can i suggest that will fix this problem?

Unfortunately I dont too much about colour setup so any help would be great thanks.

Attachments

• VicFish Error p19&76.pdf
    96.6 KB · Views: 178
Color Space Error

Color Space Error

kezg,

try to edit your refine process setting. on the normalize dropdown menu select in the input file control to ignore color space.

hope it helps

what would cause this to happen from the page designers end?
For eg in photoshop, illustrator and Indesign, Is it as simple as the colour settings being used? and our process plan is setup to not allow that particular profile or something?

The error message seems to be saying that the DeviceN colorspace is named:
"\

If that is indeed the case, the file is in very odd shape indeed. You may need to get a new file.
What happens if you open the PDF in Acrobat and look at it with Output Preview?
If the job isn't supposed to have any spots, maybe you can "wiggle" it through (for example, by not Flattening during Normalize).

2 cents.
James

Client figured it out and resent the file, it's just that clients often ask us how they can fix these kind errors and we have now idea.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back