HQ-510PC 6.2

luky13

Hello everyone,

A big Hi to all the members from India! This is my first post.

We have an Imagesetter connected to a Windows XP PC which is running Harlequin HQ-510PC v6.2. Lately, while printing I get a "Buffer space low" error in the Output Controller/Monitor. The job starts, the imagesetter drum spins and then after a min the output controller throws a Buffer space low error and puts the job back into an active queue.

Job starts
rip start.jpg

Error...
rip buffer space low.jpg

The system has 2 GB memory and it was working fine till a few days back, don't know what changed. I have tried different print buffer and memory settings but nothing seems to work.

Would appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction. Thanks

Cheers.

Looks like a disk filled up. Check available space on your RIP disk partition (Configure RIP > locate pagebuffers and workspace directories) or output device internal (scsi ?) disk if fitted. You didn't say what imagesetter model you have.
If not you may need to reinstall the rip software, just saw your output device garbage name in the screenshot, so could also be a device plugin problem.

Looks like a disk filled up. Check available space on your RIP disk partition (Configure RIP > locate pagebuffers and workspace directories) or output device internal (scsi ?) disk if fitted. You didn't say what imagesetter model you have.
If not you may need to reinstall the rip software, just saw your output device garbage name in the screenshot, so could also be a device plugin problem.

Thanks @maxon
I was able to resolve the issue by changing settings. The garbage characters in printer name are due to its Chinese origins (ASCII characters).

For whatever its worth, this fixed it...
1. On investigation it was found that the following was unchecked
Page Setup Manager > Default Page Setup (Edit) -> Configure Device -> Communication (check box)
2. Checked the Communication checkbox and it started printing... No errors this time.

Inked1_LI.jpg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back