Print pdf to ipds printer

Hi,
We have a Nipson rolll printer to print variable data and we want to print pdf files. We know that the printer can communicate with ipds protocol over tcp/ip. Before pdf we used txt files through a design software that maps txt data-fields into specific position in the document's form. This software (called "open page" and came with machine) use a NIPSON's proprietary protocol to communicate with the printer and send data as streaming.
But now we want to print pdf to this machine. Someone told me that the machine has another communication protocol called "IPDS" and maybe I can find a software that can send the pdf to the machine through this protocol as streaming.
Can anybody help?
Thanks

Thanks for your reply...
I found intresting the third solution (PDF to AFP Converter).
I communicated with this company and suggest this product. In this solution there is a product that converts pdf to afp file (a file format that is understood by the IPDS protocol).
But how can I send this file to the printer?
They suggest me that maybe there is a hot network folder but I am not aware of such this.
As another solution is to print the file directly to the printer via the network (from a pc) specifying the printer's IP and the port (and the file of course). As I know (correct me if Ι am wrong) the port for IPDS is 9100. Also we know the printer's IP. But in what command should be put all these?

Thanks

Lpr

Lpr

You could use the LPR command either from a Windows or Unix/Linux command line or even setup a Windows printer for LPR. Here's a good description, Printing using LPR in Windows

Some print servers such as Fiery have hot folder functionality where you can just drag 'n drop files. Nipson apparrantly offers a print server that will take PDF's as well but I'm not sure if your system is new enough to utilize it so you'd have to check with them. A versatile, full-function server solution for high volume production printing | Nipson

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back