print quality issues on the xerox 700

mojoprime

never rains but it pours. one issue snowballed into another...

about midway through a print job (duplexed, 4cp/2S, 100# gloss text 8.5 x 11) this printing issues started happening. it wasn't there, and then poof, it was. ruined a bunch of sheets before i caught it.

does anybody have any ideas as to what it might be?

many thanks in advance.

Dirty Cleaner?

otherwise, one weird one I just ran into on 80# Gloss Text, I had it set for TOO thick of a GSM. I was duplex inline and it started picking off the heavy coverage areas. dropped to the lowest GSM for coated and it printed beautifully!

i was sorta leaning toward the cleaner too, especially since that blade was just replaced. i may try your trick for lowering the GSM and see if it has any effect.

i was sorta leaning toward the cleaner too, especially since that blade was just replaced. i may try your trick for lowering the GSM and see if it has any effect.

the picking was totally throwing me! I don't think i've ever had a problem of the fuser being TOO hot. but with such thin stock and duplexing.

try running one side then the other. sometimes that can solve some of those strange ghosting problems.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back