Printer Advice

Trini Marlon

Hi my name is Marlon i am from Trinidad & Tobago, i have a small print shop where i outsource 90% of my printing jobs i would like to cut that amount down though, and become more competitive at the same time so i am seeking the help and advise of you guys that have the years of experience in this industry to advise me as to what kind of short run printer / digital press i can invest in, that will be cost effective and give me great quality prints and the consumables don't cost an arm and a leg.

I print Business Cards, Brochures, Flyers, Letter Heads, Envelopes, Booklets etc and i do this on Bound paper, Gloss & Heavy card stock up to 300gsm or higher can any one advise me as to what printer will fit my needs, i will be importing all my consumables from the us so a us operational coast will do i have at less two machines in mine the xerox 500/700 and the canon c700 can any one advice me as to witch one of these machine will best work for me or any other machine that will i look forward towards hearing from you.

Marlon

If you want to be "competative" can tell you that find third party support for xerox is more extensive than canon....after all....it is called xerography...there are lots of good used machines out there and support sites.

You may want to look into MGI printers.. They will print a very wide variety of stocks, everything you mentioned, and even laser safe letterheads in spite of being a Toner based digital printer. And reportedly very reliable. Sorry I have only seen demos, but was impressed with the quality and versatility. Here is a link to start with.. Digital Printing - MGI Or just google search mgi printers or DP60 (one of the models.)

You need a bit more information such as budget, projected sales, and target audience. A lot of things can affect your decision on choosing what printers and equipment to buy and it is crucial that you know exactly what you need to accomplish with the tools that you are going to buy.Why don't you try doing business with a professional printer and see what you can learn from there.

Why don't you try doing business with a professional printer and see what you can learn from there.

....i have a small print shop where i outsource 90% of my printing jobs....

I think he does that now.

Pehaps you meant to discuss operational costs with the printers he uses now.. Except that they would then be his competitors.

Once you have a set budget and know what your target audience is then it will be a lot easier to choose. That aside I would personally go with MGI to start off with. Good luck!

large quantities printing better not choose digital printing, do not know your budget on printers purchase, maybe u can write me and Google Print Series, and email us with your questions and discuss more.

Aha...mostly we know some of our customer also outsource out printing work since the limit budget. Never mind, u also can take us into consideration, that we also can help customers for the printing work that out of their range.

I think the best printer brands have been mentioned, but there are still more you can learn about from the internet, where you can also obtain great deals and discounts. It is best to ask for printed samples from the printer company so you can weigh its quality more thoroughly. It also depends on the amount of money that you are willing to spend for the printer. You mentioned that yours is a small business. You may consider purchasing a printer that can perform various tasks such as those with scanner, fax machine and copier. Also, take notice of its processor features, print engines and memory.

If you want to cut your printing cost then you should think about your own digital printing setup. Printing products like business cards, booklets flayers have no cost but printers charges much cost so i think if you have your own setup this will help you great and low cost printing of these products.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back