Printer Pause using PPD

Gareth

Hello

I have an issue with one of my printers going on pause when trying to print to it through the PPD.
Mac Illustrator to PC Onyx using PPD
Printer one has always worked and still is
Printer two has always worked and al of a sudden has stopped working. (Goes on pause and does not unpause)
I have tryed it from the PC and both machines still work.

I have reset up all the printers on the mac and replaced the ppd to the mac incase anything was corrupt with no success. The only way to print to this printer is to use the rip pc which has illustrator which i dont really want to do..

Cheers
Gareth

I have you reinstalled the printer using Mac Printer configuration Tool? In preference pane, delete the printer then reinstall.

I have already deleted and reset up the whole printer list in 'System Prefrences - Print & Fax'
still the same issue, Printer One works but Printer Two pauses.
Is this what you mean?

Cheers

yes, I was making sure that you reinstall printer.. Hmm. I don't know at the moment.. Does it have an assigned IP?

I have set up the printers through the IP setting and using protocol: Line Printer Daemon - LPD
The IP is the RIP station, the only difference between printer 1 and printer 2 is that the queue name is different so that the rip picks up which printer it is ripping for. I have rechecked and reset up this.

Cheers

I don't know much about LPD to know..Hope you find an answer

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back