Printing digital or offset?

Yes. In Canaduh there are still paper notes in circulation, but they are being pulled from circulation as more of the polymer notes are released.

Gordo, maybe we should add that we have coins for $1 and $2 denominations (no bills) and we now have no more pennies. :) We are penniless.

These are not about stopping counterfeiting, that is just an excuse they use. Counterfeiting of any quality is NOT done on a digital machine. Last time I checked the imagesetters and platesetters don't have any identifying dots, so they certainly aren't worried about the real counterfeiters. They are probably more geared towards tracking people that have copies made of anti-government propaganda.

I wonder if the governments machines all have the yellow dots.

These are not about stopping counterfeiting, that is just an excuse they use. Counterfeiting of any quality is NOT done on a digital machine. Last time I checked the imagesetters and platesetters don't have any identifying dots, so they certainly aren't worried about the real counterfeiters. They are probably more geared towards tracking people that have copies made of anti-government propaganda.

I wonder if the governments machines all have the yellow dots.

Actually, having been involved in a couple of counterfeiting cases it is not an excuse - it is a reason - it keeps the rookies honest - in one instance that I was involved in, people were tearing the corners off of 5 and 10 dollar bills and putting them on ones, and believe it or not they actually would get past the cashiers at the store I was working at . . .

and btw dealing with the Secret Service is not fun - they tend to be VERY intense individuals . . .

Actually, having been involved in a couple of counterfeiting cases it is not an excuse - it is a reason - it keeps the rookies honest - in one instance that I was involved in, people were tearing the corners off of 5 and 10 dollar bills and putting them on ones, and believe it or not they actually would get past the cashiers at the store I was working at . . .

and btw dealing with the Secret Service is not fun - they tend to be VERY intense individuals . . .

But the "rookies" aren't really worried about intense scrutiny of their work. They are long gone by then, and the best the dots would do is show you who owned the machine where they made the copies.

Rescinding Secret Service Post -- See Post in the Lounge Forum For Explanation

Best

-MailGuru

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back