Printing EPS in ORIS Color Tuner Web

drummerpaco

Good Afternoon.

I have noticed when I print the Illustrator EPS file that saved in CS5, it came somewhat different compared with customer provided printed out. So I used another computer to use CS4 to create EPS file and the printed proof came out different then CS5 EPS file. It seems like the image (CMYK) looks very similar, however it is Pantone color channel that has overprint + Transparency which from PSD.

Would CS5 and CS4 has different engine to create EPS file that has linked PSD file that has Pantone image channels? What would make CS5 to be like CS4 created EPS file?

the file include;
PSD and Tiff linked file
- PSD has two pantone channel (CMYK+2 PMS)
- tiff file (transparency background) is layered on top of PSD file

We have ORIS Color tuner Web + Epson 7900 with onboard Spectroproofer

It seems like assigned profile or different pantone read from CS4 and CS5.
Is anybody can help???:confused::confused:

drummerpaco, I just sent you a private message. If you can release them, CGS would like your EPS files from CS4 and CS5 so we can determine the reason for the difference.

Best regards,
Fritz

Fritz Mahnke
Research and Development | North America
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
CGS Publishing Technologies International LLC

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back