Printmaster 46 numbering/perf/score unit

Gayle

We have a not-so-common Printmaster 46 that came with a numbering unit that slides in and an additional shaft that attaches for adding perf or score ring.

My pressman can attach the shaft and get it working but can't get enough pressure for the perf or score.

Does anyone know how to get more pressure?

The allen screw adjusts the pressure! Install disc on shaft using set screw in the upper groove. Engauge shaft and set pressure, CW to the imp cyl. NOTE! BE SURE YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE STEEL IMP CYL JACKET FIRST! Do not perf or score on the chromium-plated brass jacket, this can damage the imp cyl. Are you using your numbering unit?
- Stan Intermountain Press Service, llc. 720-285-9485
- PS I have numerous new & used parts for your press.

numbering unit

numbering unit

Thanks so much. I'll tell my pressman to try it.
My previous pressman knew how to use both numbering unit, score/perf but I have a new pressman that couldn't get enough pressure on the perf or score.
He hasn't tried to use the numbering unit yet.

If you are only scoring you may need the press to go on impression. SF23 will make the press go on impression but not drop the forms.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back