I have PROBLEM on my megasetter 600q+ with this error message :

- E8 DRUM sPEED UP FAILURE, speed sown drum
- Error EZ DRUM POSITIONNING ERROR POS=5462 as hed 13560

Thank you for help

I have PROBLEM on my megasetter 600q+ with this error message :

- E8 DRUM sPEED UP FAILURE, speed sown drum
- Error EZ DRUM POSITIONNING ERROR POS=5462 as hed 13560

Thank you for help
You have a problem with drum encoder, encoder wire, motor or motor wire. That was the hard part. The easy part is you just have to lubricate the drum motor gears with the drum. Check these first and make sure everything is O.K, , before I give you more complecated remedies.

Thank you Farshad
Now i have only the first message ERROR: E8 drum speed up failure. This error appears after the:

Ready to work
Reading parameters from PROM
loading film
releasing drum vacuum for 20s...done
Film loaded
Speed up drum
Shut-init
Drum speed : 0

Error: E8 drum speed up failure
speed down drum

We checked the input power of the motor, i have to change first the timer of the contactor

Thank you Farshad
Now i have only the first message ERROR: E8 drum speed up failure. This error appears after the:

Ready to work
Reading parameters from PROM
loading film
releasing drum vacuum for 20s...done
Film loaded
Speed up drum
Shut-init
Drum speed : 0

Error: E8 drum speed up failure
speed down drum

We checked the input power of the motor, i have to change first the timer of the contactor

Mohamed,

If the drum isn't turning at all,then it could be the interlock system, 24 v power to contactor coil or the electronics. Hard to perdict or come up with an immidiate solution being away from the machine, but it isn't a hard issue to find out and resolve. Good luck.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back