zennagui

Dear Sir,

We Have :

AGFA Galileo VS4
Apogee 2 PDF RIP With dongle
Apogee Print Drive With dongle
PowerEdge 2400 With 3 disk 80 GB
APIS CARD

When i Start The Output Device, i have the OutPut Device IDLE and Printdrive IDLE after 10 seconde The PrintDrive control send message " Access not available due to missing or non-operationnel dongle".

and after thismessage i have the Output device and Print drive is not active.

Please Help Me.

Dongle missed internal information; despite the fact you have phisical Print Drive dongle at printer port of PC, the SW can't start properly.
You have either Dongle Repair or Dongle Upgrade programm somewhere on your distributive CDs (RIP or PD) to check the content of the dongle.
If all lines in log file after dongle reading show ZERO - the dongle lost all data and need to be replaced - call AGFA Tech Support for details 1-800-TRY-AGFA

Last edited:
Thank you for reply.

The I have two dongle, one for Apogee PDF RIP 2 and PRINTDRIVE, the dongle work propely with this software, if i unplug the dongle of printdrive the software ask for dongle. Maybe the dongle is ok or the license for galileo is missed.......

I d'ont have the CD to repair the dongle, can you send me the tools for repair may dongle please.

She need a license to drive a galileo from printdrive ?

Best regards

If i remember right the order of the dongles does matter, don't remember wich one was supposed to be closest to the PC. We did experience a similar issue, wich was due to some fault in the computer, when whe moved the printdrive to another computer the problem went away. If that was due to reinstalling or a physical difference i cannot say.

Ahhhh yes. The infamous dongle error which we encountered more than once.

Question, is the PrintDrive dongle attached to the parallel port or a USB port? If parallel, I have a couple of recommendations:

1. Check the humidity in the room where your PrintDrive is. The parallel-port dongles were highly susceptible to static and I would often encounter the error you described. When that happened, I usually did one or more of the following:

a. Pulled and re-seated the dongle (and then booted the PrintDrive).
b. With the dongle in hand, make a fist and hold the dongle in your hand for a while (I know this sounds weird but the heat/moisture generated from your hand will eliminate any static built up on the dongle).
c. Put the dongle into an anti-static bag for an hour (computer ram/memory is usually shipped in an anti-static bag).
d. Try to increase the humidity in the room.

2. Contact Agfa and ask if your parallel dongle can be swapped out for a USB dongle as the USB dongles were not (as?) susceptible to static.

If it is already a USB dongle, then as Vlad suggested, checking the dongle with the WIBUKEY software (that should have already been installed on your PrintDrive) should tell you whether or not the dongle is working and whether you have the proper licensing (see Vlad's explanation). If you have a service agreement with Agfa on your PrintDrive, a simple phone call will get you the software (or at least it should).

Cheers,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Thank you for halp

1. The dongle is parallel dongle green WIBU/BOX
2. The printdrive is run fine
3. The dongle of APOGEE PDF RIP 1.0 Is Parallel Dongle, is run fine

If i unplug the dongle the printdrive ask me the dongle is missing.

Only when i active the device output, i say :

- Printdrive : Initialising
Output device: Initialising

- Printdrive : Initialising
Output device: IDLE

- Printdrive : IDLE
Output device: IDLE

- Printdrive : Deactiving
Output device: Deactiving

And i say the error in Printdrive : Access not available due to missing or non-operationnel dongle

If i set the device output file, no problem is run fine and i have the Tiff file in output.

Please help me to check the problem.

What is this error : Access not available due to missing or non-operationnel dongle

Only if i choice the device output galileo VS4 i have this error ??????

Best regards

Your dongle is OK but lost Galileo output license for some reason as I told you before.
If you will connect PD to Avantra 23 or 30 filmsetter output will be OK because thouse devices licensed by default.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back