Production Pricing? IWay 5/Web services 7 Xerox

Colour Guy

Hey guys,

We have recently upgraded to Iway 5. We are having a massive problem with our production pricing. Customers wishing to upload their own files for book assembly's are having major issues. The system doesnt seem to recognise black and white pages in colour documents even if the B&W pages are greyscaled. So if I change the IGEN4 Device settings to X per A4 Colour and X per B&W A4 for example, they are not getting a correct price. The colour channels set on book assembly's only have two options, which are process and black. you cannot select both.

Can someone help?

With your previous iWay version, could you do this? Maybe there has been an upgrade with the iGen4, but with the iGen3 you have to set the printer to black and white mode, otherwise everything that goes through it counts as a color click, regardless of what the file is like. So I don't see how that works if you just have one file in the iGen, unless you plan on stopping the printer and switching modes between color and black pages. I hope you'll explain to me how you guys do it.

If you are using Freeflow server, go to Page Exception and simply specify a page range to be run in black and white.

Is iWay not seeing the color pages differently from black and white or is it FreeFlow? It was my understanding that the iGen will charge a black click for a device gray (not black of CMYK, but device gray) for "black" pages. Are there any "color" issues with RGB gray/black or separation black going to the iGen once through iWay and Freeflow? I'd do a quick double check of the art through the stages. I had horrible problems with iWay screwing up color managed files and device gray art. That wasy iWay 2, 2.5 and 3.x.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back