Profiling Software needed

contrakid

I want to start making my own icc profiles for my epson printer and poss my printing press to use with my Heidelberg Printready system.

I have a eye-one and i also have a spectrolino - spectroscan from a previous company but do not currently own any profile making software.

Can anyone advise what the best and cheapest software route would be so i can produce files that would work with the Heidelberg inbuilt Colour Proof Pro. (think thats what it is).

Hopefully it would run on Apple osx

Cheers all

"Best" and "Cheapest" don't go hand-in-hand.

Two options......

1) Get X-Rite i1Profiler....you can use your EyeOne Pro with it directly or you can use the Spectrolino/Spectroscan with the free ColorPort Utility to take measurements and import into i1Profiler.

2) Download the (free) X-Rite ColorPort Utility for creating and measuring your profiling charts for either of your spectros.....send the measurement data off to someone that offers a profiling service....it would take quite a few trips to the profiling service before it would pay you to get your own profiling software.

Regards,
Terry

Best solution together with Color Proof Pro is Heidelberg Color Toolbox profiling software. It has also very usefull proof correction option. When you have mismatch problem just use this option. 1 or max 2 times correction is enough to get very accurate color values. It is not that cheap but worth it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back