Program to Imposition Pages

stuartweb

We currently use a mixture of Indesign and Pre-PageIt to set up our jobs for the press. We are a newspaper printer that prints Tabloids, Broadsheets and Mini-Tabs. The problem we are having is we want to get out of placing pages Manually in Indesign and get somthing more automated. The problem we are having is when new jobs come in that have bleeds. We instruct our customers to set up a left and right page depending on the side that bleeds, but we are commonly told that the last printer never made them do that and they just have the bleed on all 4 sides. Our question is, is there any imposition program we can get so we can set up templates to have the pages place according to any position we want. Right now our programs just center in the window. There must be something out there so we can set the odd pages to offset to one side and even pages to offset to another side to make designing easier on our customers so they do not have to deal with left and right pages.

Preps by Kodak, Dynastrip by Dynagram, Signastaion Heidelberg, various PDF plug ins some automated, loads out there. Some very cheap.

AjR

Page Imposition

Page Imposition

Check Impostrip from Ultimate Technographics in Montreal, Canada

ajr,

Thanks for mentioning Signa Station

stuartweb,

Prinect Signa Station started back in the early 90's, is a very powerful yet user friendly imposition program not only for sheetfed but also has allot of web functionality. Here is a link with more information

Heidelberg - Impositioning

Regards,

Mark

I suggest Impostrip or Preps. Or Impose-it for that matter, considering you already use Prepage-it.

Program to Imposition

Program to Imposition

More faster and more easier than competing solutions, including best price.

Look here PuzzleFlow Organizer

PuzzleFlow Organizer is a tool for auto-repeat and the imposition of books, magazines, leaflets, labels and other

Also have within a workflow PuzzleFlow WorkFlow

If you're willing to spend a lot of bucks, then go with a full workflow such as Prinergy. A little less money is preps as a stand alone imposition solution. If you really don't want to spend much at all, then something like Quite Imposing.

Depending on what kind of RIP you're using, you might have some basic imposition built into the RIP. Or do you job out your printing? Uusually if you're making film or plates, you have some kind of RIP and most RIP software that I've used includes at least basic imposition. One of my clients has a Xante Ripit system with Symphony RIP which has built in imposition and is a decent medium price solution.

inpO2 For Acrobat

inpO2 For Acrobat

If you work in a pure PDF environment, you can try our Free inpO2 Wizard.

You can download it from the following link: inpO2 Wizard Download - Dynagram

After you get it up and running, feel free to join in one of our free Webinars on inpO2. This way if you have any questions about how to do anything in the software, we can explain first hand. But I think you'll see it's very easy to use and should do the job for you based on what I read. We want to make sure every customer is up and running and happy. :)

If you want to join in on the webinars, click on the following link for our schedule. Any of the inpO2 webinars would work for you.

Webinars - Dynagram

I hope this helps!
Michael

Real PDF Newspaper workflow

Real PDF Newspaper workflow

Hi,

If you are interested in a 100% pdf newspaper workflow, please feel free to contact us. We are not trying to sell a commercial workflow to the newspaper industry.

WebPairer was uniquely made for newspaper operations. Features a 100% web interface. It is extremely easy to use. If you are like most newspapers and suffering from 4 color blacks, improper TAC, overprint / knockout problems, pdf transparency. If you need automated page size fixing, automated color remapping, automated color management and automated delivery of hi-res, low-res pdfs or jpegs or your pages to anywhere at anytime... we have created that product. We understand the need to achieve as close to a lights out operation as you can... and preserve the most in quality. Also we cover exactly what you describe.

Our system permits for an unlimited number of products, users, sections, zones, and load balancing to multiple output devices. We don't upcharge for things that should be simply included in an automated newspaper workflow (web growth, creep). Our interface and system allows for very simple definition of dinkys, doubletrucks, flop positions and permits for last minute modification of any of these properties. Our integrated client allows you to integrate your commercial customers directly into the workflow... and again, this feature is included.

Our experienced help desk understands and knows newspaper operations.

Regards,

PuzzleFlow Solutions USA
PuzzleFlow Solutions - New Approach in PDF Workflow

Quite Imosing should do the trick. It's the most popular impo tool out there. There is a plug-in version and a hot folder based version for automation. Amazing tool! Let me know if you want a sample file processed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back