Proofing printer? Newbie

OSHS

We are a web design company located in central America and are tired of the bad printing available in the area. We would like to resell printing in the area and would like a printer that can give some idea or a good match. Or at least rather accurately print PDF proofs from the company we are selling from.

Hi there,
It's not about the printer, but about the colour management software that drives it, and the profiling. For 2-up A3 size proofs, the Epson 4890 with either GMG, CGS (Oris) or EFI ColorProof XF software is a very popular choice. For larger proofs, say 4-up or 8-up, Epson, HP and Canon all have pretty good printers but most seem torely on Epsons.
You will also need to profile the proofer (it's a proofer once it has Colour Management software) to match the capabilities of each press you send work to. Work with your 'bad' printers on this one!

Gmg

Gmg

From what I have seen we are leaning to GMG but don’t know for sure, and wanted to know a good printer and very importantly at this stage at a good price point as well. We will be focused on smaller jobs now in the business cards, brochures, post cards, and file folders in 4/4 printing. other then that we will have to get info from the printers we will be working with.

Are you saying you want to buy a proofer and then find a printer who will match the proof? I think it's more important to find a printer who is knowledgeable about color management than it is to find the right proofer. I mean, a nice ICC profile on good paper on an old Epson 9000 will beat a lousy profile on the wrong paper on the latest and greatest proofers of today. And the second case happens all the time because prepress has been outputting "by the numbers" for the last five years and doesn't know any better.
When you talk with prospective printers, ask them if they have profiled their press at least. Ask them when was the last time they used their spectrophometer. Heck, ask them if they know what a spectrophometer is.

http://www.prepresspilgrim.com

When you talk with prospective printers, ask them if they have profiled their press at least. Ask them when was the last time they used their spectrophometer. Heck, ask them if they know what a spectrophometer is.

Prepress Pilgrim

Hey, at least I can spell s-p-e-c-t-r-o-p-h-o-t-o-m-e-t-e-r. ;-P

Hello,

We offer a complete business cards system so you can resell business cards to your customers.

We offer the following options with our system:
~Print with Us or Print Yourself using our PDF files
~In-house catalog with over 1500 templates for your customers use and quick and easy selection
~Free Online software so your customers can create and order business cards from your website
~Over 25,000 image templetes available online
~Additional rights to images for your core products
~Drop ship with your personalized and branded labels to your customer (upon request)

Call me direct at: 760.536.6727
or visit: Easy Card Designer Book

Thank you and have a marvelous day!

Warmly,
Brittany Wagner

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back