proplem Agfa Galileo VXT

Hi every one
i have bot lately a problem Agfa Galileo VXT 2001 and when i boot it it keep give me 1005 error "peel motor timed out on peel or drop " plat shuttle i have clean all sensor on it and when i give order park shuttle on error recovery tool it's come to it's home exactly right but after that it give me the same error any one can help me plzz i see this form is have solved many problems of agfa i hope some one can help me :)

Do you understand what "PEEL" means in the plate load process and which motor is responsible for that?

You think right.
Now learn how to use dots (.) and commas (,) to separate your stream of word and to organize them in thoughts.
If you do not use ,,, ... - you do not respect me and other members of this forum.

Excuse me about my language and grammar of english is bad , I am totaly respect your form and the members in it ,because it's the only form that help to solve problem of agfa systems on the internet .

You are quick-learner, Maher!

You have to open top covers of Galileo and to remove black safety pins off that covers and to insert them into red safety switches.
Now you will be able to look at the whole boot-up process.
Peel motor will be the first to be checked at the Plate Shuttle. That motor will move up and down a group of suction cups.
Peeling process means suction of the edge op the plate and lifting up that edge to remove the slip-sheet between two plates in the stack / cassette.

Thank you for the information ,and support that no one did it for me :) .

I discoverer today before 5 hours that the sensor was not working appropriately because the reflection , i fixed it and the plate shuttle is now working fine.

But it's appear another problem : 0340 " Elevator cassette is not latched " ,and there another box say: " please wait for error Recovery dialog "
I look for the help that provide by the company agfa ,when i fallow the steps it's keep saying : 0006 "operation is invalid "

The other thing that i'm confused about that there is "error recovery tool" , i don't find the "error recovery dialog" ,and i wait it to appear and it did not .

Software OCT - Operator Console Terminal has not only Recovery Tool but interactive Help which you have to read first before ask any question.
Do you really think I will teach you how to operate the Galileo CTP from the scratch?

this is your choose after all to let me learn or not, I just need to be sure if all my hardware is fine but if it's software problem i will sue the one how soled me the machine

How can you sue somebody if you do not know how to operate the machine using OCT, which is your main tool to do that?

I have allot problem with software such as i don't have the password of the Galileo Engine Server 2.60 , and the power of the mac server is burned ,and i can't find the OCT ...
:(

You need PC with Win2000 and COM port for direct connection to Galileo and OCT software installed from installer CD.
How will you boot up the Galileo not saying BOOT over the programm?
You need APIS cable and UPAC board to send the jobs to be imaged.
Galileo Engine Server does not need any password if you have Administrator privileges.
And I have never met that Software installed on MAC computer.
All operator places I visited had 2 PCs with win2K, carrying Engine Server and OCT for full operation of Galileo.
How can you move any bin in PlateManager to load plates in cassettes without OCT?

If you just bought Galileo without installation and training - that's your mistake and a headache.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information ,and support that no one did it for me :) .

I discoverer today before 5 hours that the sensor was not working appropriately because the reflection , i fixed it and the plate shuttle is now working fine.

But it's appear another problem : 0340 " Elevator cassette is not latched " ,and there another box say: " please wait for error Recovery dialog "
I look for the help that provide by the company agfa ,when i fallow the steps it's keep saying : 0006 "operation is invalid "

The other thing that i'm confused about that there is "error recovery tool" , i don't find the "error recovery dialog" ,and i wait it to appear and it did not .

Keep the reflective peel sensor and other sensors on plate manager, Picker and the Engine clean at all the time. Clean them once a month with the Power off.
Now back to your problem:
H0340/Elevator cassette is not latched*Inspect the platemanager.

Sensitivity problem with the U10 sensor. I also suggest to check the sensitivity of the U9 sensor as well.
Set sensitivity trim pot full CW for Cassette Present Sensor (U9), and Cassette Latched Sensor (U10) using a small flat screw driver. The trim pot is located on the top part of the sensors. The light on the sensors has to be green when the cassettes are in and OFF when they are out.
The sensors U9 and U10 read the reflectors on the cassette and on bottom part of the plate manager( It looks like a glass) .The sensor U9 is located on the left hand side , where it can see the cassette's reflector when the cassette inserted in. The sensor U10 is on the top right hand side of the plate manager when facing the plate manager from the rear side.
This works if you haven't touched the sensors or misaligned any part of the plate manager.If you touched these sensors occidentally, then you will need to move them to the right position to obtain the green light.
With a large cassette confirm that the sensor is seeing the cassette,
A1 CASS LED OFF, If the sensor is not seeing the cassette and the trimpot didn't turn green after turning it Clock wise( CW), then loosen and reset the sensor mounting bracket and/or horizontal support plate.

After doing these, you will need to do complete Plate Manager calibration using Galileo VXT diagnostic window.

Hope this will help to resolve the issues!

Last edited:
I have allot problem with software such as i don't have the password of the Galileo Engine Server 2.60 , and the power of the mac server is burned ,and i can't find the OCT ...
:(

But you have the OCT software on the CD. Don't you?
Check your Private Messages.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to be late for responses .
when i bot the system i bot the computers without Cd's i was busy to get the administrator password of OCT from the seller .

VladCanada thank you very much for the information's i have cheeked every thing is set now ,

Armya Inc ,thank you very much , i worked by your instruction , and the problem was in U10 it's not line to the reflector the plat manger work fine now .

i own both of you in my life, i'm at your serves

I'm sorry to be late for responses .
when i bot the system i bot the computers without Cd's i was busy to get the administrator password of OCT from the seller .

VladCanada thank you very much for the information's i have cheeked every thing is set now ,

Armya Inc ,thank you very much , i worked by your instruction , and the problem was in U10 it's not line to the reflector the plat manger work fine now .

i own both of you in my life, i'm at your serves

You do not owe me your life.

Good luck and wish you all the best from Toronto, Canada.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back