Prosetter Swaydriver error

Dave PSI

Hi gang

Having some issues with my Prosetter and I thought I'd asked the brainstrust here to help me out..

I'm getting an error "failed. SWAY Driver Shows Error During Videodatatransmission".

This usually happens when I'm halfway through imaging a plate, then the whole machine locks up and the only way out of it is to shut it down through the GUI.

Heidelberg came out and did some tests and they think it's the "Flat Module" Image Control Boards in both the CtP and PC..

Anyone had this problem before and does anyone know where I can buy these boards second hand elsewhere??

Last edited:
We had the same error, it didn't lockup the Prosetter but caused the plate to eject 1/2 way through imaging. We pulled the boards the SCSI and imaging cables run into and used a pencil eraser to clean the gold contacts and reseated the boards. Been running w/o the error for 4 months now.

Some suggestions before part replecements;

Be sure Sway cable is located far enough from power cables
Use special ground cable between PC and Prosetter
Try another port in PC for Sway interface board
Open back cover of Prosetter and put your hand on compressor unit. If temperature is too high, clean filter which is located on other side. If temperature is still high, then compressor unit needs service. Work while back cover is open for testwise
If there are two processors in PC and turbo mode active in BIOS, switch turbo mode off.

Good Luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back