Punching plates with CTP device

pworlledge

Does anyone punch their metal plates in the CTP device and if so does it help the register on the press on the first pull?

yep we punch to komori punches - register was almost exact from the off (screen 8000 II)

although we've only had ctp a couple of months now - i think i'd recommend punching in the ctp, going on the results we have had here. pressminders like it

We punch 3 Heidelbergs in our CTP device. Register is bang on. Its another area where you take out the possibility of errors caused by different people punching the plates.

We have had to manually punch our plates all along, however that will be changing with the new platesetter that is being installed as I type this. We hope that the online punch in the CTP will eliminate the occasional plate remake because of bad punching by an operator.

Cheers,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

We retro-fitted our Agfa Ascento S with an internal punch about 6 months after install. We have a Komori Lithrone 20 x 28 and the internal punch saved an average of 4-5 minutes of registration time per from, and about 30-50 sheets of paper per form. ROI was about a month.

We punch plates in our AccentoS. We have two presses with different punch…no problem. Had a period with missregistration and it had to do with gradations building up in punch OR loading roller not gripping if build up of aluminium.
New cleaning routine cleaning roller and punch when cleaning plate cleaner (not linked but just to get a good service routine) seems to have solved it.

We punch plates in our Lotem 800 and it certainly speeds registration.
(I don't know about 1st pull though)

We used to punch offline (2 Trendsetters) and also had a Lotem (online punching), but ended with 2 Heidelberg Suprasetters (online). The Suprasetter was the best with the ability to run plates from either unit with the same registration. Press setup was most reliable and registering speed with the Suprasetters. The value of online punching was a huge labor saving in prepress considering we ran 10,000 to 20,000 plates per month.

We've had our CTP for about 5 months now and the pressmen say the registration is GREAT now that we're punching our plates inline.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back