Quickmaster DI-PRO

testarossa

Hi everybody,

we connected RIP with Heidelberg QM-DI-pro, this is working very well, but we can not make plates inside the machine. Everytime that we start new job , machine is prepare for imaging and then cancel the process within 1 minute...
There is no plate change inside the machine (old plates stay in position). When we try to image just 1 color, then imaging go till the end of cycle, but also there is no plate change inside. Imaging head just write on old plate.....please help, there is also message "insufficient vacuum pressure" on black unit...:mad: maybe is air pressure that make troubles with unlocking the plate cylinders ??

Thanks

Last edited:
is your compressor running constantly. is the air line to the plate cylinder kinked or cut. if the same thing happens on all 4 units I would think there would be a relay some where thats not working. can you advance the plates manually like when you put on a new roll? the manual system is different from the auto system. if neither one works then your plates maybe stuck. remove the plates and reinstall.

Last edited:
QM-di

QM-di

Hi,

Yes, the compressor is running most of the time and if we choose to imaging on all 4 units then imaging is interupted within 1 minute. When we go to imaging just 1 color, then imaging go till the end but there is no plate change also...., just image on old plate. Is there any suggestion which relay we must check. There is also poor pressure from cleaning liquid, we must go through couple of wash cloth predampening cycles that push the fluid to reach unit. We have bought DI-PRO 1 month ago from our very reliable partner, and when we check printing on his site, machine is going really well. Machine has just 5 mio. prints, so this could not be the problem. Maybe there is also some bad connection and machine do not receive the signal to unlock plate cylinder and install new plate or there is just not enough air pressure to do this.
Thanks you very much for your cooperation & excuse me for my poor English

It is due to bad plate sensor. There are chances for a break in sensor connector cable. Check it.

Hi,

Yes, the compressor is running most of the time and if we choose to imaging on all 4 units then imaging is interupted within 1 minute. When we go to imaging just 1 color, then imaging go till the end but there is no plate change also...., just image on old plate. Is there any suggestion which relay we must check. There is also poor pressure from cleaning liquid, we must go through couple of wash cloth predampening cycles that push the fluid to reach unit. We have bought DI-PRO 1 month ago from our very reliable partner, and when we check printing on his site, machine is going really well. Machine has just 5 mio. prints, so this could not be the problem. Maybe there is also some bad connection and machine do not receive the signal to unlock plate cylinder and install new plate or there is just not enough air pressure to do this. Thanks you very much for your cooperation & excuse me for my poor English

I am asking this because , if we imaging 1 or 4 color, neither plate cylinder made
plate change within imaging. Maybe i should make some pictures of connectors
and CP2000 error messages tomorrow.

Last edited:
Check all the plate sensors. If plate change occurs during imaging, check the wiring of plate change switch and its controller. Let me know which model/make DI you are using?

Model is Quickmaster DI-PRO year 2002.

01.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Do you have these issues resolved yet? Was this a recent installation? There are several possible causes for the problem you describe. The error on your display is for the plate vacuuming system, it is monitored for high and low pressure. The first step to resolving that problem is to remove the vaccum head and thoroughly clean the cone shaped screen that collects plate silicon.

also with the fluid levels in the washup clothes you can pump up the liquid manually with the special funcitons read the special functions section in the book. if the compressor is running constantly you have air leaks and you need to fix that before you ruin the compressor.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back