Rampage Error Messages

Mary B

Hey! Mary Here..

Just wondering if anyone is able to tell me what the following error messages mean:

Error: -47
Cannot Write File.Error: -1409
Error: -1407

I've been getting these occasionally when I rip files. I can close Rampage and rip it again and the error doesn't show up. The main one we've been getting is Error: -47...

Any ideas of what if could be?

If you double-click on the prescan of a certain page where the error occurred it will give you a more detailed explanation. Maybe the drive is getting fulll or some log file or maybe the network connection is going bad as in bad cable.

Error Message

Error Message

The error doesn't show up in the prescan. It shows up as a separate window and you have to click ok and it just sits in the register window...

The 1407 and 1409 messages still rip the file like normal... the drive is cleaned out weekly.. and we haven't had any network problems... Could it be anything else? Thanks for responding so quickly by the way. :)

What does the info from the prescan say when you scroll down. Is this the only job that has the errors in question. Does your rip window give you a more detailed explanation? Have you tried using a different profile? Maybe what you are requesting in that particular profile is conflicting, just a thought.

What does the info from the prescan say when you scroll down. Is this the only job that has the errors in question. Does your rip window give you a more detailed explanation? Have you tried using a different profile? Maybe what you are requesting in that particular profile is conflicting, just a thought.

There isn't anything out of the ordinary... It just says the file name. The profile type. Nothing in red... Everything Normal. The file I was ripping has 13 pages and the first and last pages were the ones with the error. I had ripped the same file last week.. made the changes and then now it's giving me these errors but ripping perfectly. (does that make sense? ha ha) As for other jobs me and my co-worker have been getting Error: -47 on occasion but the majority of our files there isn't a problem.

Another possible scenario is power fluctuation on the server side. Have you had any outages or hard server crashes before this issue came about? According to their tech support you should re index the drive using disk check on boot. This will take some time, the larger the volume the longer the indexing process. Good luck, hope this helps.

john

Could be a naming problem or the pagelist could be corrupted. Rebuild it, if that doesn't work create a new job change the file names and re register it.

A

I would get "write file" errors if I tried to re-rip a job while the monitor proof for it was left open.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back