Recent quote on Iridesse?

I had them run a sample business card today with "thermography" and you are correct - it left a lot to be desired. I really am impressed with the silver and gold though - really looks metallic / shimmery. We saw a sample using clear and I wasn't blown away, maybe because it was done on a coated stock and I felt like you could hardly tell it was there. What have you found to be the best use of clear?
When we had the 1000i we used clear for logo overlays as security feature. Don't try to do clear on dark colors, it doesn't even show. I will say the Ricoh C7210 clear stands out more than Xerox. Plus the colors are ALOT cheaper than what Xerox raped us for. I got 5 special Ricoh colors for less than 1 from Xerox.

Anyone get a recent proposal on a Xerox Iridesse lately? Machine with std high capacity trays (not vacuum feed), 5th and 6th color station, GBC punch, in-line booklet maker and square bind - 4,800/mo for 60 month $1 buy out, .03 color click, 6% cap increase for first 5 years. We are located in the northeast.
Hi, did you end up purchasing the Iridesse? Our 3100 is up at the end of the month and we are in the same position. Wanted to take the leap to a inkjet machine but our volume does not coincide with the hefty price tag.
Please let me know the pros and cons of the Iridesse. Also looking at the Ricoh c9500 and Konica K1. Thank you!

Hi, did you end up purchasing the Iridesse? Our 3100 is up at the end of the month and we are in the same position. Wanted to take the leap to a inkjet machine but our volume does not coincide with the hefty price tag.
Please let me know the pros and cons of the Iridesse. Also looking at the Ricoh c9500 and Konica K1. Thank you!
OMG, run, run as fast as you can away from Xerox. We have been a customer since the early 90's and have one machine left, a 1000i which I am battling with them to remove. The company is finished in production printing in my opinion. I am surprised they are not trying to install one of their obsolete iGen's.

i had a look at rebranded iredese as revoria press pc1120 by fujifilm, good machine, lot cheaper here nearly $100k with vacuum feeder and little over 100 toner bottles, and click rates .01$ for color without toner, but i ended up buying konica c12000

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back