Recommandations for a printer.....

Marie

Another one of these threads I know!

I have a very niche market for by business and currently print on cardstock 80lb + would love to do 120+ as well. Right now I just use a nice ink jet printer and my customers are satisfied.

The main part of my business isn't that I print, it is that I cut my products in special shapes and sizes for other small businesses (hang tags, product displays) I use a digital cutter and computer software. Cut one sheet (8.5x11) at a time, so speed of a printer isn't a concern. I can't speed up my cutting, so no point in having a printer a zillion times faster :)

I would however like to upgrade the quality of my printing. Would love to do full color, would love to print on dark papers as well. (black paper with white lettering etc.. not sure how that works if possible at all without going more high end).

I have considered contracting with a local print house, but there isn't really any one local that can produce items as fast as I would like them in such small quantities. I don't sell 1000's of tags to a customer at once, I sell maybe 100-200 per order, and they expect products within a week time frame.

So I print, cut, ship all myself.

I have limited space. I print about 100 sheets a day, and that number is raising.

Is there anything in the market in the $2000 price range? So far everything I have read in the forums from similar posts was more then that. While someday I hope to be there, I am not yet.

Any advise would be wonderful!

Thank you!
-Marie

Recommandations for a printer

Recommandations for a printer

Cannon is your best choice, try cannon i9900, the prize is around $400.00 brand new,
it use 8 ink cartriges, blk,cian,magenta,yellow- photo magenta, photoyellow, photocian,photo blk, the prize per cartrige is abouth $8 to $11 dollar a piece.You can print really heavy stock, size 11x17in.
Look in your Local OfficeDepot...

i think going to a "white" ink, you may have to go offset. you might try thinking about it from the other way around. print a flood color on white stock, and knock the type out. there's your "white" type. ;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back